• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Towing Safety issue???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe it is just the area I live in but the D.O.T. police are all over the place ticketing truck drivers for all sorts of violations from minor to serious. But they seem to ignore these little landscape companies that haul a couple of ZTRs around on a trailer.

Have you EVER seen one of those landscape trailers with the mowers or ZTRs chained or strapped or in any way secured to the trailer? Typically they simply drive the ZTR up onto the trailer and then turn it so it sort of jams itself against the sides of the trailer.

Seriously I have NEVER seen one of these landscapers who uses anything to bind their ZTRs to their trailer. Is that legal?

jwstewar

Is that legal?

Only until they get into a minor accident and the mower flies off the trailer and kills someone.

I'm impressed with the fact the ones you are seeing actually try to wedge them in to the edge of the trailer. Most of them I see are usually just pulled up on the trailer straight. Like you said, a couple of them.