• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC 1450 - body parts & suspension with motor

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DMC 1450's ST parts

I'm looking to remove some of the stuff in order to complete project in my own direction.

For anyone interested, let me know, I just want to get a head start on the fabrication process.

I'm considering to sell the following:

factory full front & rear cab
complete suspension (including all leafs, wheels & idlers)
possibly sell complete track set as well (have also 3rd spare track almost complete, along with many other grousers)
Ford Industrial 3.3L inline 6 (possibly mated with the C4 tranny as well)
Fuel tank (24Gal)
Seats
1450's doghouse (engine cover) also will possibly go on sale as well.

All of the parts are on sale until removed by me.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions

nikorlov@gmail.com / or PM me here / thread reply's

Thanks

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pictures of the 1450 from which parts are going to come off.

IMG_9637.JPG

IMG_9639.JPG

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gee, so all your going to keep is basically the tub and the rear end?

Not sure what your up to. At first blush, one has to ask why buy a whole complete cat, and then sell off many major parts. Wouldn't have been easier to just have bought the parts you need, and do your build from there? Seems a waste to part this one out, to get what you need/want...

I am sure you have a plan however, and the skills to carry it out too.

Regards, Kirk

Snowcat Pat

With respect, I also think it is a waste. There weren't that many SuperImps made and even fewer with full cab. This my second and last comment on this.
-Pat

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
PM sent.

I actually have a super imp full body. that is missing most of what Nik is selling. (Not my avantar that is a 1404.)

so actually maybe he is saving a super imp.

Mike

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I expect Nixon is going to have a nice rig when all is said and done. I know how it hurts to see something so revered for its design be torn apart and modified as stated before the parts could likely keep another one from going to the scrap heap.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gee, so all your going to keep is basically the tub and the rear end?

Not sure what your up to. At first blush, one has to ask why buy a whole complete cat, and then sell off many major parts. Wouldn't have been easier to just have bought the parts you need, and do your build from there? Seems a waste to part this one out, to get what you need/want...

I am sure you have a plan however, and the skills to carry it out too.

Regards, Kirk

Kirk,

If anyone wants to buy it complete and get me the frame & rear end as I need it for my project, I will gladly swap out.

My problem was that I couldnt find anything in the market that was worth while to look at, and gave me a chance to use this winter at all...

only time will show...

p.s. I just might consider keeping this one as is, and building one from scratch as well.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
With respect, I also think it is a waste. There weren't that many SuperImps made and even fewer with full cab. This my second and last comment on this.
-Pat

Pat,

Do you have a rear end at a reasonable price that I could purchase from you? :)

As I told Kirk in the comment above, I would have gladly considered to build everything from scratch, yet I've not found any of the parts that I've needed to start my project.

I do not like the fact that I'll be parting out a good & solid 1450, and have considered keeping it as is, other than just doing minor necessary creature comfort upgrades...

Yet, I'm in need of having a cat that feets my criteria, and this one isnt there yet...

I mean, if anyone wants this guy - I'll sell it to ya, but do point me to someone who's got the parts I need for my build...

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
PM sent.

I actually have a super imp full body. that is missing most of what Nik is selling. (Not my avantar that is a 1404.)

so actually maybe he is saving a super imp.

Mike

LOL...

So you have a rear end that I need for my project? along with some other things ? :)

As I've mentioned before, I'll consider buying a rear end for my project, just this one seemed to be a perfect donor for what I needed...

I mean if was going to take this whole thing to scrap yard, :hammer::hammer: - I would understand the frustration from some folks, but this is the exact reason why I figured I would sell all the "good" stuff to someone else who needs/looking for it...

Cab is in great shape, as in - AWESOME, wont need much work to make it all like new...

Motor runs great - no issues - i've used the cat for about 20hrs already trouble free....

Rest of the stuff - just details...

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a great rig and exactly what I would like to own in life. ARe these common models? Do you think any exist on the east coast?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes.
I will snap a photo of it.

I sent a email to you.
( I have your rear end)
I have about 90% of a super imp WT. To date I have installed *or better stated* am installing a 3.0L diesel.

I have acquired *some rough* body parts.

Like you I am using the 1450 as a base to create what I think I want.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My project beginnings.

I have since cut the front floor section off.

Mike

Attachments

• photo (Small).JPG
    photo (Small).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 587

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a great rig and exactly what I would like to own in life. ARe these common models? Do you think any exist on the east coast?

Just keep an eye open, took me a while, but they are out there; you'll find it eventually if you keep looking

Snowcat Pat

Nick, to answer your question to me, we do have the parts that you spec'd for your project. The diffs we have are in near new condition. All stored inside heated shop.
I followed your posts and didn't say much 'cause it seemed you wanted a complete original 1450 to drive. I didn't get that you wanted to build from the ground up.
Also, it doesn't look to me that redsqwrl is doing quite what you have described in your plans, but I might be missing something there too.
-Pat

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nick, to answer your question to me, we do have the parts that you spec'd for your project. The diffs we have are in near new condition. All stored inside heated shop.
I followed your posts and didn't say much 'cause it seemed you wanted a complete original 1450 to drive. I didn't get that you wanted to build from the ground up.
Also, it doesn't look to me that redsqwrl is doing quite what you have described in your plans, but I might be missing something there too.
-Pat

Could you email me pricing for the rear ends

nikorlov@gmail.com

tomelroy

but i hate to see a full cab 1450 altered.

Does anyone know if Rick at Tip Top Transmission in Salt Lake City, Utah ever cut up the 20 or so cats he picked up from Quest Communications. He was to cut them up and could only sell of parts. Maybe contact him.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
but i hate to see a full cab 1450 altered.

Does anyone know if Rick at Tip Top Transmission in Salt Lake City, Utah ever cut up the 20 or so cats he picked up from Quest Communications. He was to cut them up and could only sell of parts. Maybe contact him.

But than again, as I've said before...

my plan is not to salvage the body & other parts that I want to remove, I will gladly sell them to someone who needs/wants/will reuse those...

Thats the idea behind it...

If all goes well and I'm able to source a rearend at the right price, I will gladly keep this one as it is, and just restore it to a good cosmetic condition.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nickson, looking for some grousers Do you have enough to make a set for an IMP? I have belting.
Jess

Jess,

I have 2 complete tracks that I'm considering to sell, the ones that are currently on the unit.

One almost complete track (spare) is still in the garage, as well as another set of grousers to make another track...

I've counted 64 grousers on the spare track that has belting on it, along with another 60+ grousers on the shelf.

I can only presume that previous owner's had 1 back up complete track, along with a full set of grousers for another track.

Need to figure out, since I dont think its a good idea to start selling just a "few" grousers, being that than I wont have a complete set for anyone needing it. I guess it might be - buy them all - or none... :ermm::ermm::ermm:

jess_snocat

If you do want to sell them I would be interested in buying 2 complete sets. I believe one side takes 55 grousers. I have the belting. So I would be interested in taking the partial track and the grousers that are on the shelf. If I read your post right that's about 124 grousers. What type are they, Drop center/ straight? the Left and right count about equal? I live in the Everett Washington area, I think we are in the same state.
Jess

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you do want to sell them I would be interested in buying 2 complete sets. I believe one side takes 55 grousers. I have the belting. So I would be interested in taking the partial track and the grousers that are on the shelf. If I read your post right that's about 124 grousers. What type are they, Drop center/ straight? the Left and right count about equal? I live in the Everett Washington area, I think we are in the same state.
Jess

I will let you know as soon as I narrow down on what exactly I'm going to do, too busy with things at the moment.

I guess right now is best time to consider your "best offer" so to speak, this way everyone gets the best deal.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to give this thread a bump, and an update at the same time...

Getting ready to put the 1450 into the garage to start re-doing some things, considering some talks from other forum members, I've decided (for at least this time) to NOT cut up the Imp, and just redo the rear cab section.

Thus the update...

Rear factory cab & rear heater (most likely wont keep it) - are going to be for sale in case anyone wants it.

Thanks guys... and some updates & a new build thread will be started soon...