• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still catching up from my ride vacation and then putting a set of ape hangers on a buddies HD Deluxe this afternoon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looooooong day today. All these psychological tests. Necessary evil though. Tomorrow is a little lighter. One hour appointment in the morning and another in the afternoon. We plan on renting a car and driving to see my wife's sister in fort Erie. Gps says it's only 60km but nearly a 2 hour drive. We'll be going through Niagara falls so a stop to see the falls might be in order. I haven't been since I was 9.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Very quiet day around here for the most part.
Got all of my cleaning, cooking and laundry done.
Now it's time to relax lol

Frank, I never considered domestic chores work, and rather enjoy it.

Made cream cheese scrambled eggs with ham and a melon/apple and grape salad for dinner.
Talked to both my sons and grands for a long time.
Working tomorrow, Thursday and Friday is a p/u for Jane, since Larry has a procedure that day at the VA.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Fell asleep about 1 o'clock last night and woke up at 4.

Set off this morning to the Kubota dealer to get 2 new hydraulic hoses and 2-1/2 gallons of Super UDT.

Went to have lunch at one of my favorite eateries as they are closing their doors on Friday and moving their business to a lunch van. Sorry to see them go.

Tried to catch a nap but it was killed by constant interruptions.

Gave up and went out to the RV and removed the a/c grill and filter and cleaned both. I'll put everything back together tomorrow.

Installed the new hoses on the little tractor and cycled everything to get the air out. Gave it 15 minutes to settle down and filled it back up with fresh fluid.

Checked the tire pressures and added air to the Gator and the truck tires.

Called it a day and went inside for a beer. Draw the curtains on today!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Anudder looooong ass day for us that started at 2am with a bad flare up for me. Just finished a 3 hour fine and gross motor assessment. In a taxi cab in bumper to bumper traffic heading to the next one.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Anudder looooong ass day for us that started at 2am with a bad flare up for me. Just finished a 3 hour fine and gross motor assessment. In a taxi cab in bumper to bumper traffic heading to the next one.
Just drove by on our way to Niagara falls.
8c470a5f2fcfb8f7aa2f032c556a93f8.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Finally got the computer desk and hutch assembled. It came in 4 boxes. My God what a pain in the ass to put that together.

Then tonight I decided to burn the cardboard without a permit. Yup, you guessed it, the Deputy Fire Chief paid me a visit. He got a 911 call off a cell from someone driving by. Today was the first day this month it has not rained. He was not too excited about it, but told me to get a permit next time. I told him he wouldn't give it to me if I said I was burning cardboard. He laughed and said he understood how us old farts have an aversion to cutting up cardboard with a sheetrock knife aka box cutter for the younger generation. Damn straight, I hate those finger slicers with a passion. They are made for one thing and I was not installing drywall tonight. :yum:

No citation. I am going to bed now. :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
ahhhhhh!

Another day over.
In the middle of National Nurses Week which ends on Friday.
Today we got lots of gift goodies and food catered.
Thank you Mick and Niki. :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a decent day on B east.

Lesson learned, never forget the ear drops for Irvin then go back and administer at HS/last treatment/med pass while said man was sleeping.

Apparently I am a @#$%^&* lol
Comes with the territory.

Told him I love him anyway, then heard a grumble.
:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have the morning free again and a friend of ours can get us into the royal Ontario museum or ROM so we're going to check that out before my final appointment this afternoon. We fly home this evening. Can't wait to get back. Been a rough week. I can barely stand enough to make 20 feet. My lovely wife has taken on the task of pushing me around in a wheelchair for longer walks.

At least my insurance rented me a scooter for while I'm here and arranged a handicapped taxi service to drive us to and from appointments so I can take the scooter.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Must have been our lucky day or something. While having supper at a restaurant by the airport, the waitress comes and offers us a complimentary desert of our choice. Then we get to the airport where they inform us that we are in luck as we were scheduled for the 8:10 flight but were in time for the 6:40 flight. They allowed us free of charge to bump up earlier. Great flight. The plane never so much as shook once from turbulence. Nice to be home. I walked in and gave my recliner a big hug. Never thought I'd miss my chair so much.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting here enjoying a Hornsby Amber :biggrin:
Checked my email a bit ago and got this from my son Jeff.

Decided to have a little beer Mom.

:yum:

Attachments

• brewski.jpg
    brewski.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 49

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gathering up the kids and dogs who are scattered across the city as we were out of town for a week. Then heading to camp for the night for some r&r. Maybe a wee bit of alcohol mixed in.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to spend the better part of the afternoon and evening with #1 son and granddaughter for an early Mother's Day.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting outside.
Beringer knights valley cab, a hupman banker, and the water.

Attachments

• 149471087272764408206.jpg
    149471087272764408206.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 43

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We dined at Sweetwater Chophouse.
I got the pecan mustard chicken.
It was fabulous.

Had some good conversation too so Nana could understand where the girl's head is.
For being a teen, that kid is sharp and understands life better than most adults I know.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Teaching my boys and their girlfriends how to safely handle and fire my brand new .357. [emoji2]
My dad had a 357 magnum when I was younger. With our absolutely crazy gun laws regarding handguns he was basically forced to either surrender it as at the time I believe that you had to belong to a gun club to have a restricted firearm and our local one just closed. I recall him taking the chop saw to it and turning it in to the police in 3 pieces.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at emerg again. Two weeks ago it was my son with his foot. Now it's my wife's turn. She stepped down off a deck last night and rolled her ankle. This morning she could barely put pressure on it.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Sitting at emerg again. Two weeks ago it was my son with his foot. Now it's my wife's turn. She stepped down off a deck last night and rolled her ankle. This morning she could barely put pressure on it.

OUCH! I know how that feels, prayers for your wife and family. :flowers:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My dad had a 357 magnum when I was younger. With our absolutely crazy gun laws regarding handguns he was basically forced to either surrender it as at the time I believe that you had to belong to a gun club to have a restricted firearm and our local one just closed. I recall him taking the chop saw to it and turning it in to the police in 3 pieces.

Such a shame it came to that. It is just plain not right. If I owned any guns, which I do not since that tragic boating capsizing accident on Lake Champlain in 1999, I would rot in hell before I ever turned them over to the liberals.

Needless to say, liberal family members keep their distance around me anyway. Just the way I like it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

It's a crying shame that a man is forced to do that.

The very first handgun that I bought when I came to the States was a S&W 686 in .357. I still have it (sort of) and it's still one of my favorites. My wife claimed it as "hers" a few years back but I still have visiting and cleaning rights.

I honestly don't know what I'd do if the Government issued a decree to hand in all handguns. Well, that's not quite right, I do know. I'd tell them to sod off. I think that I'd be loading them up, not cutting them up. :biggrin:

Went and visited my M-I-L on Mother's Day and spent some time with her. Now that I'm home I'm going to try experimenting to see if I can improve the drainage around the house before the rain starts around the middle of the week.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Mama's day dinner out at Applebee's.
This time with Ty, Ali and the girls.
I got this Cajun pork chop with apple chutney and maple butter and 2 good veggie sides.
The chop was half the size of the one shown on the menu.:hammer:
I have lots of pictures to share soon.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't do a whole lot of anything except for taking a long walk and then making shrimp salad lettuce cups.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Did some packing for camp this weekend. Installed a new seat in the boat. Busy evening. The lovely missus took two of the kids to soccer while I brought the other three to scouts. They were touring a coast guard ship this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.