• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is the matter with some people?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
On my way home this morning from church cruising down I-89, ZZ Top on the FM and a fresh cup of Green Mt. Coffee, I see a State Trooper with a car pulled over in the breakdown lane. State law says to pull over to the passing lane and give him plenty of space.

I look in the rearview and see a BIG SUV coming but plenty of room. I put on my directionals and give three blinks before pulling over into the passing lane. Nice and comfortable, or so I thought. This guy comes right up to my rear bumper so close you couldn't put a piece of paper between. Flashes his high beams and when I look in my rearview he gives me the finger. All this while we are going by the cop. :w00t2:

I pull back in to the driving lane and he roars off. New Jersey Escalade. I never made eye contact as I refuse to engage in life threatening games going 70MPH.

What the hell is the matter with people? Are they nuts?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You need an answer? NEW JERSEY. 'nuff said.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You need an answer? NEW JERSEY. 'nuff said.

Well, I try not to blame a whole state for actions of some, but up here we have opinions of a half a dozen surrounding states and NJ is one of them if you get my gist. :yum:

On the other hand, I'm sure he was coming back from a weekend at Stowe Resort where he dumped a bunch of $$$$ and now he can go home. LOL.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
That's the only time I will drive doublenickle on the interstate. If something is that damn important to get too, they can go around me on the shoulder

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I try not to blame a whole state for actions of some, but up here we have opinions of a half a dozen surrounding states and NJ is one of them if you get my gist. :yum:

Those of us who live in states that surround Illinois feel the same way about that state. Its really not much better than a landfill, only thing is that a landfill doesn't stink as bad as the state of Illinois.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rusty, as a moderator I don't make mistakes. Clearly you misquoted me. :yum: I would never think of going back and editing my error :whistling:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Those of us who live in states that surround Illinois feel the same way about that state. Its really not much better than a landfill, only thing is that a landfill doesn't stink as bad as the state of Illinois.

You should meet some of the winners we get up from Konnecticut. Pull right up and take two handicap spaces, noses in the air, 500 dollar designer jackets heading to the slopes. :brows: Lousy tippers too. Schmucks.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
You should meet some of the winners we get up from Konnecticut. Pull right up and take two handicap spaces, noses in the air, 500 dollar designer jackets heading to the slopes. :brows: Lousy tippers too. Schmucks.

It'd be a shame if their car wasn't there when they got back :whistling:

imagevp_big.php

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
A clear case of "road rage". Because I tend to have a short fuse some folks have accused me of that malady but my son who
has spent years riding with me disputes that, and I kinda like his take: according to him I am sometimes "pavement provoked", occasionally "vehicular vexed", and almost always "dumbshit-driver dumbfounded" ... but no Road Rage!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A clear case of "road rage". Because I tend to have a short fuse some folks have accused me of that malady but my son who
has spent years riding with me disputes that, and I kinda like his take: according to him I am sometimes "pavement provoked", occasionally "vehicular vexed", and almost always "dumbshit-driver dumbfounded" ... but no Road Rage!!

hahaha!
Not you Popeye.. surely not you!:biggrin:

Uncle Ed

The wife and I call them the Me First bunch. They want to be the first ones to the accident. I've always thought that the first ones there were the ones involved!
Ed

Gatorboy

If you're gonna pull into the fast lane you better kick it in the ass if there was an SUV coming up (which you saw) and pulled in front of him.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you're gonna pull into the fast lane you better kick it in the ass if there was an SUV coming up (which you saw) and pulled in front of him.
How about it is the law north of the Mason-Dixon line to move to the left for any vehicle stopped on the shoulder. They enforce it up here and will fine you for failure to move over. You are also supposed to slow to 55 mph.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Yup your right Mule. Some people just don't get it. :yum:

Edited previous posting as out of character for me. Never let them drag you down. :clap:

Last edited:

Gatorboy

I'm sure if you can't safely move over (without cutting someone off), you can slow down and remain in your current lane.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm sure if you can't safely move over (without cutting someone off), you can slow down and remain in your current lane.

Give it up. Please. You've made your point. Let it go. As far as you are concerned, I must have cut the guy off, that it was my fault. You were not there, that I know of, unless you're the jerk in the SUV. I don't know and I don't care. :whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

I believe we have a a failure to communicate here. Some of you are taking about the "law", others about "manners"
It is almost impossible to reconcile the two. So I'm with Tired here. The guy was an @ss.
And failing to "yeild" in that instance, he was outside both manners and the law.

North East coast drivers all seem to think they are the center of their own universe. Far more important that you. These are the guys who butt up in construction zones. Then pay off a lawyer when somebody gets hurt.

Tired was lucky the guy was not driving a Prius.:hammer:
Then there would haver really been some attitude.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I beleive we have a a failure to communicate here. Some of you are taking about the "law", others about "manners"
It is almost impossible to reconcile the two. So I'm with Tired here. The guy was an @ss.
And failing to "yeild" in that instance, he was outside both manners and the law.

North East coast drivers all seem to think they are the center of their own universe. Far more important that you. These are the guys who butt up in construction zones. Then pay off a lawyer when somebody gets hurt.

Tired was lucky the guy was not driving a Prius.:hammer:
Then there would haver really been some attitude.

Thanx Franc. Mule drives a Prius so not all of them are asses, but I do hear what you are saying. There are certain cars that seem to bring out the worst in people. Not sure why that is. What the hell difference does it make what one drives. Makes no one better or less than.

Crossfire owners. Now there's a weird bunch. :whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanx Franc. Mule drives a Prius so not all of them are asses, but I do hear what you are saying. There are certain cars that seem to bring out the worst in people. Not sure why that is. What the hell difference does it make what one drives. Makes no one better or less than.

Crossfire owners. Now there's a weird bunch. :whistling:

Perhaps when the left has us all driving "econoboxes", the Prole effect will dimminsh the ego effect.....:unsure:..Nah.

Assholes are assholes, no matter what they drive. Even if it is a little Crossfire.