• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2 out of 3 family members want to ride the Great Lakes Circle Route

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Next summer Melen and I want to ride the 6500 mile Great Lakes Circle Route. It basically follows the shoreline of all 5 of the Great Lakes, plus some of the St Lawrence Seaway.

Unfortunately the lovely Mrs_Bob is not on board for this trip, which I estimate to be a roughly 30-ish day ride.

So how do I get my wife on board for this trip?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tie her up and put her in the trunk. :yum: Just kidding of course.

What is she interested in? Find stops along the way that will interest her and entice her to want to go along. Sure sounds like a GREAT trip to me. You would have a harder time talking me into a 500 mile walk, some how you got her to agree to that. Maybe you could offer to let her walk part of the way. :yankchain: :D

Seriously the views from the Mackinac bridge and Mackinac Island alone might peak her interest. Mackinac Island has all kinds of interesting things that might help get her in the mood to take the long ride.
Maybe she does not want to drive a bike that distance, would she be more likely to go if she could ride on the back, or maybe follow in a car?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe she does not want to drive a bike that distance, would she be more likely to go if she could ride on the back, or maybe follow in a car?
This is what I was thinking.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
A motorcycle that would be comfortable for her to ride on, that doesn't look like it came out of a Mad Max movie, rather than those little dirt bikes.

RG2.jpg