• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

need a little help Bearing Removal

griz

Here is a pic of the oc-4, would like to replace the tapered roller bearing in the pic. But I can not find a puller that will work.
The bearing feels good but had a broken axle would feel a lot better if I could get this bearing replaced.
some people have said to brake the rollers out, use my welder, welding a bead around the race of the bearing and it will come off, there must be an easyier way, there must be a puller that will work for this ap?

Attachments

• 100_3055 (Small).JPG
    100_3055 (Small).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 263

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Take a sharp chisel whack at at it a couple times it will split and come right off. Make sure you whack the right part.....

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what you would need to pull the bearing you would have to have one machined if you need it.

Attachments

• Puller.jpg
    Puller.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 254

griz

The inter race fits over the brake drum. So I have to pull from the out side of the bearing, but the back side of the bearing is very close to the brake drum.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Griz, that is what that puller will do. it fits behind the bearing only needs 1/32"
behind bearing. and fits the taper of the bearing cage.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
This may or may not help

Attachments

• Bearing puller.bmp
    88.5 KB · Views: 255

Teeoster

I would like to replace the outer axle bearings on my OC-4. After removing the 4 flange bolts behind the axle flange I thought the axle would slide right out, but no such luck:( Is there an internal release for the axle shafts, or do you just need to give them a good jerk??

Teeoster

Ok, I got them to come out. It just took a little more force than I first thought. Bearing look ok, but the seals were leaking so I migh as well replace them while everything is apart:) Griz, thanks for your advice in the previous posts!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I still have a piece of bearing stuck in my axle. I havent tried to get it out for a week or so now. I need something to place behind it and punch it out from the back. Not in a hurry since I am nowhere near putting everything back together.