• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi KT3 #113 Part II "The saga continues"

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK , I'm back ..... Part I of my Kt3 rebuild Thread got lost in the switch over to the new system . So We will start with the new sequel "Part II" :clap:.
I need a source for the brake bands webbing material in the Transmission .
Come on and hurry up and tell me !!!!!! Its all I like so I can reinstall the Transmission ...

Well...... I waiting .......:dizzy::wink:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ! Its brake band changing time .

1. Remove Fire wall
2. Remove rectangular plate from bottom of differential assembly
3.You will see the bands now . you need to remove the allen head set screws from the bands .
4. You need to remove the brake linkage on the outside of the case .
5. Now you can slide the slide pins toward the center of the case , start with the lower pin first .
6.grasp band and pull over top of drum .

Thats it ! They are out ! Reverse procedure to reinstall bands after you have new linings installed .Remember these are wet linings material you need to use for replacement . A brake or clutch /tractor shop will know what you want .

My bands are brand new and were replaced when the KT3 was refunished at the factory !!! I guess I got lucky . Even the new brass rivets are still shiny !!!

7. To readjust linkage after reinstall the brake handles should be about 2 1/2 -3" max from dash .
Refill with grade 90 oil until its to the just to bottom of the final drive shaft . Look for square drain plug on left aluminum housing

Next we check Roller chain and adjustment

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry about that Bob !:doh: I got in such a hurry to head for Idaho that I forgot to post any pictures of the bands and location . Let me see what I can do .

Attachments

• KT3 046.jpg
    KT3 046.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 242
  • KT3 049.jpg
    KT3 049.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 251

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
here's the change obama gets re elected and Big Al celebrates by compleating his krusty project.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He started seeing those blizzard forecasts and needs to be able to get more rum.:clap: