• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ron Paul Raises More Than $3.5M in One Day

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Check it out! Go Ron!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8SNSK800&show_article=1

Paul Raises More Than $3.5M in One Dayhttp://www.breitbart.com/partner.php?source=ap
dot.gif
Nov 5 09:55 PM US/Eastern
By JIM KUHNHENN
Associated Press Writerhttp://www.breitbart.com/email.php?link=/article.php?id=D8SNSK800&show_article=1&id=D8SNSK800
dot.gif
http://www.breitbart.com/print.php?id=D8SNSK800&show_article=1
dot.gif

dot.gif
WASHINGTON (AP) - Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, aided by an extraordinary outpouring of Internet support Monday, hauled in more than $3.5 million in 20 hours.

Paul, the Texas congressman with a Libertarian tilt and an out-of-Iraq pitch, entered heady fundraising territory with a surge of Web-based giving tied to the commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day.

Fawkes was a British mercenary who failed in his attempt to kill King James I on Nov. 5, 1605. He also was the model for the protagonist in the movie "V for Vendetta." Paul backers motivated donors on the Internet with mashed-up clips of the film on the online video site YouTube as well as the Guy Fawkes Day refrain: "Remember, remember the 5th of November."
Paul's total deposed Mitt Romney as the single-day fundraising record holder in the Republican presidential field. When it comes to sums amassed in one day, Paul now ranks only behind Democrats Hillary Rodham Clinton, who raised nearly $6.2 million on June 30, and Barack Obama.

Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said the effort began independently about two months ago at the hands of Paul's backers. He said Paul picked up on the movement, mentioning in it speeches and interviews.
"It's been kind of building up virally," Benton said.

The $3.5 million, he said, represented online contributions from more than 22,000 donors.

Paul has been lagging in the polls behind Republican front-runners. But he captured national attention at the end of September when he reported raising $5.2 million in three months, putting him fourth among Republican presidential candidates in fundraising for the quarter.

Paul as of Monday had raised $6.3 million since Oct. 1, more than half his goal of $12 million by the end of the year, according to his Web site.

Paul advocates limited government and low taxes like other Republicans, but he stands alone as the only GOP presidential candidate opposed to the Iraq war. He also has opposed Bush administration security measures that he says encroach on civil liberties.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I had a HUGE conservative who is a good friend tell me that Ron Paul accepted a large amount of money from a communist party.:4_11_9:
Anyone else hear that?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Another story:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/11/05/post_179.html

Ron Paul's Record Online Haul

PH2007110501075.jpg

Ron Paul with New Hampshire Secretary of State William Gardner after Paul filed his declaration of candidacy in the Granite State. (AP).

UPDATED

Sen. Barack Obama has Oprah Winfrey, Sen. Hillary Clinton has Magic Johnson and Rep. Ron Paul, the online star of the primary race, has Sean Morley, aka Val Venis, the popular WWE pro wrestler who pretends to be an adult film star.
And like many of the Paulites, the Texas congressman's loyal, Web-savvy supporters, Morley is blogging about Paul on his own site. "I can't really say what my support means. But, you know, I first heard about him two years ago, and I've studied his voting record and I'm convinced that more than any candidate, Republican or Democrat, he's the most principled candidate out there," Morley, a libertarian, told The Trail this afternoon. "By the way, I'm at Denny's outside LAX. Here for a fight later tonight. I'm wearing a Ron Paul T-shirt. It's a great day for Ron Paul, you know."

Indeed.

Today, Nov. 5, marks not only Paul's best fundraising haul in a single day -- approximately $3.75 million by 11 p.m. EST -- but online observers say it's also the most money raised by a candidate on the Web in a single day. And the day's not over yet. "Damn. Wow. Um, that's pretty awesome," said a stunned Jerome Armstrong who served as Howard Dean's online strategist. Armstrong, the founder of the popular blog MyDD, said Dean raised as much as $700,000 in one day toward the end of the primary race. "But not a million," Armstrong added. "What Paul is doing -- or what his supporters are doing -- is really impressive." You can view all the fundraising data here.

On the online left, Sen. Chris Dodd is getting a lot of love, especially among the liberal bloggers. On the online right, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee is attracting more visitors to his Web site than the rest of the Republican field -- save Paul himself, depending on which traffic site you're looking at. But the online political sphere at large has been buzzing about Paul since the beginning of the year. Reporters who write about Paul -- or who fail to mention Paul in their stories -- are familiar with the e-mails, some of them downright incredulous.

His popularity in online polls has been questioned by some online observers. A study by the University of Alabama concluded that illegal spammers storm sites, though Gary Warner, who directed the research, said Paul's campaign probably has nothing to do with it. Annoyed by the Paulites who storm RedState.com, the popular conservative site, the folks at RedState banned them from commenting on the site.

But money talks loudly in politics, and Paul's fundraising haul has surprised political analysts. Last quarter, Paul raised $5.1 million -- close to Sen. John McCain's total and five times more than Huckabee's. Energized by the grassroots support, especially online, Paul has set a very high goal for the campaign: raise $12 million for the fourth quarter. And, in a bold and innovative move, Paul's Web site is streaming in real-time the names and towns of all the online donors. In addition to that, a few Paulites got together and picked a day, Nov. 5, to raise as much money as they can. An explainer is on TechPresident.com, the hub of online presidential campaigning.

Morley, the WWE wrestler, hasn't given money to Paul. He's Canadian and working on getting his American citizenship. "But I'm still wearing the T-shirts," Morley said, "blogging about him, telling everyone I know. He's surprising everyone."
-- Jose Antonio Vargas