• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The World will hate Trump and that will be a good thing

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Came across this article this morning on another site and found it interesting. Can't say I disagree with much in it. What say you?

When you have a leader that your country likes but the world hates he may be doing something right but when you have a leader that your country hates but the world loves you have a serious problem.

There has been a lot of talk about the effects a Donald Trump would have on foreign policy and how disastrous it would be and I have to say that you would be one hundred percent correct. I will go further and say that any leader who you think will be good for foreign policy is someone you do not want leading you in the country’s current situation.

Let me just give you a real world example of my thesis. Consider Germany. Merkel unilaterally decided that they would solve the Syrian crisis by welcoming all refugees. The world adored her for it. She got commendations from the pope and every other leader worldwide. She even got the person of the year award in time. Why would they not love her? She solved a major problem of the world at no cost to them. The same with Sweden and Denmark and the other states who supported her early. They were universally loved. What about their citizens? The ones who had to bear the cost of their largesse? Well Merkel has been slipping in her opinion polls and her political survival is in question and right wing government after right wing government has taken over European politics.

Let’s take a look at another example, the Grecian debt crisis. Merkel played a very hard line in refusing any form of debt forgiveness. She even imposed back breaking austerity on the Greeks and they hated her. They burned effigies of her and other countries who were deeply in debt were hostile as well as they could see there would be no mercy if they missed their payments. Her populace supported her however as they saw someone who would ensure that the money they have and would send for bailouts was not squandered.

Now consider the United States. If you are another country why would you not love Obama? He is ok with factory after factory moving to other countries, encourages workers to come in whether legally thru h1-b’s or illegally to siphon money of the local economy to be injected into foreign ones, and is fine with corporations moving their headquarters to other nations adding to their tax base. He could be the most offensive person ever and they would still love him.

We now go to Trump the subject of my article today. He has said that he would actively work to bring factories back to the United States and would expel illegal aliens making the jobs available for Americans. Consider the effect that this would have on the Mexican economy. Theoretically some factories there would be lured back by the incentives he would offer leaving more Mexicans unemployed and expelling all illegal aliens would mean that Mexico would lose their remittances, poised to become the highest sector of their economy, while they would be left trying to find employment for them. What’s worse is that the wall and a government with the political will to stop illegal immigration would prevent them from coming back. Yet it would benefit the country as there would be more jobs available for citizens, at higher pay as companies would then be forced to follow labor laws and pay at least minimum wage. Trump could be as politically correct as the Pope and they would still hate. Of course I only bring up Mexico but you can see how this relates to other countries as well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Came across this article this morning on another site and found it interesting. Can't say I disagree with much in it. What say you?

When you have a leader that your country likes but the world hates he may be doing something right but when you have a leader that your country hates but the world loves you have a serious problem.

There has been a lot of talk about the effects a Donald Trump would have on foreign policy and how disastrous it would be and I have to say that you would be one hundred percent correct. I will go further and say that any leader who you think will be good for foreign policy is someone you do not want leading you in the country’s current situation.

Let me just give you a real world example of my thesis. Consider Germany. Merkel unilaterally decided that they would solve the Syrian crisis by welcoming all refugees. The world adored her for it. She got commendations from the pope and every other leader worldwide. She even got the person of the year award in time. Why would they not love her? She solved a major problem of the world at no cost to them. The same with Sweden and Denmark and the other states who supported her early. They were universally loved. What about their citizens? The ones who had to bear the cost of their largesse? Well Merkel has been slipping in her opinion polls and her political survival is in question and right wing government after right wing government has taken over European politics.

Let’s take a look at another example, the Grecian debt crisis. Merkel played a very hard line in refusing any form of debt forgiveness. She even imposed back breaking austerity on the Greeks and they hated her. They burned effigies of her and other countries who were deeply in debt were hostile as well as they could see there would be no mercy if they missed their payments. Her populace supported her however as they saw someone who would ensure that the money they have and would send for bailouts was not squandered.

Now consider the United States. If you are another country why would you not love Obama? He is ok with factory after factory moving to other countries, encourages workers to come in whether legally thru h1-b’s or illegally to siphon money of the local economy to be injected into foreign ones, and is fine with corporations moving their headquarters to other nations adding to their tax base. He could be the most offensive person ever and they would still love him.

We now go to Trump the subject of my article today. He has said that he would actively work to bring factories back to the United States and would expel illegal aliens making the jobs available for Americans. Consider the effect that this would have on the Mexican economy. Theoretically some factories there would be lured back by the incentives he would offer leaving more Mexicans unemployed and expelling all illegal aliens would mean that Mexico would lose their remittances, poised to become the highest sector of their economy, while they would be left trying to find employment for them. What’s worse is that the wall and a government with the political will to stop illegal immigration would prevent them from coming back. Yet it would benefit the country as there would be more jobs available for citizens, at higher pay as companies would then be forced to follow labor laws and pay at least minimum wage. Trump could be as politically correct as the Pope and they would still hate. Of course I only bring up Mexico but you can see how this relates to other countries as well.

I seem to recall that everybody in the world loved Obama.

How did that turn out for us? And for the rest of the world?

Just Sayin'

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
seems to me, this article is more about obama's shortcomings than Trump.

... and quite frankly, I don't give a a damn what "Mexico" thinks

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I am hardly a trumpster but, it seems to me that the more hate groups align against him, including and especially the GOP, the more I am reconsidering my position on him.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Way I see it is if the dems regard him as a clown and windbag why are they starting to attack him?? it's beginning to appear they hate him almost as much the repub establishment!!
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
But he will go full bore after the Hilderbeast. All the stuff that everyone has been too civilized or sophisticated or scared to talk about will suddenly come in to play. It could really be a nasty, nasty election.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
But he will go full bore after the Hilderbeast. All the stuff that everyone has been too civilized or sophisticated or scared to talk about will suddenly come in to play. It could really be a nasty, nasty election.

I'm hoping so.