• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone use Jiffy Lube??????

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Check out this video done by a local TV station.... click here

Havn't used a place like them ever since the day they inflated my tires to 50 psi, and insisted that the "max psi" on the tire sidewall was the proper value, and the GM psi on the door jamb was not correct because "the tire manufacturer should know better than the car manufacturer what the right psi is."

:loser:

HGM

I posted this reply at the other site too but thought some of you guys dont go there so, here it is:

Its sad but true.... I've seen it in dealers too.... When the cheapest labor you can find is set up on a pay system that benefits them for upselling extras and the speed at which they can get them done.. Kinda makes sense in a sick way... I still use these types of places(actually tire stores) to do my oil change and rotates(free) but will either do(myself) or watch them do a trans flush or change and filters if needed.. Dont trust anyone with your money...

My point is, that wherever you go to pay for a service, there is potential for someone to take advantage of you.. Be carefull and a weary(?) consumer..

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
That is why the honest shops now have windows into the service area so you can see yourself getting taken by unscrupulous shops and mechanics. :confused:

The quick lube (not a chain) that I use will actually allow you into the shop area if you have questions. They have windows the full length of the shop so you can see what they are doing to your auto. The owner managed a national chain prior to opening his own shop and is a trying to overcome the bad publicity caused by the unscrupulous shops and mechanics. He has just about put the local Jiffy Lube out of business since opening his shop.

When using outside sources for repair and maintenance you will have to shop around until you can find honest people you can trust. You may have to do a lot of shopping.:whistle:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad I know the dude under my car and service truck when I need service! He knows I know, and He also likes tractors so I trust him. OH, he sees orange too@!

Seriously, I have a great place to take my car. They know me by name, know my wife, my kid, and they know if they ever do cheat me, I will not be sending anyone else to see them.

Trakternut

I want to know why the joints that do use the "T-Tech" system don't change the filter?? What's the sense of putting clean fluid through a dirty filter??

HGM

Trakternut said:
I want to know why the joints that do use the "T-Tech" system don't change the filter?? What's the sense of putting clean fluid through a dirty filter??

Mainly because the automatic transmission filter is typicaly no more than a screen nowadays.. Even the MFG's dont recomend trans filter changes on allot of vehicles out there now..

Trakternut

Since the T-Tech system is no more than a pump that hooks up to the cooling lines going to the radiator, I wonder what would happen if you got a 5-gallon bucket of new fluid, slipping a rubber hose over the line that returns to the trans, another rubber hose over the line that pumps the fluid out of the trans to the radiator and letting that one hang in an empty bucket and starting the engine to let the trans do the pumpin' for ya. Push the 20 qts of clean fluid in, close everything up, recheck the fluid level and top off if needed.
Is this idea worth an:a1: ????
:applause:

HGM

Trakternut said:
Since the T-Tech system is no more than a pump that hooks up to the cooling lines going to the radiator, I wonder what would happen if you got a 5-gallon bucket of new fluid, slipping a rubber hose over the line that returns to the trans, another rubber hose over the line that pumps the fluid out of the trans to the radiator and letting that one hang in an empty bucket and starting the engine to let the trans do the pumpin' for ya. Push the 20 qts of clean fluid in, close everything up, recheck the fluid level and top off if needed.
Is this idea worth an:a1: ????
:applause:

Thats the way it was done in the old days:D