• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What do you get when you cross a snowboard & a snowmobile?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So do you have an answer?

What do you think it would look like if a dedicated snowboarder, stuck in the flatlands of the midwest (Indiana & Michigan) decides to marry a snowboard with a small version of a snowmobile track?

Lyndon got to see it first hand, and sent me this message:
Lyndon said:
Last week while skiing at Crystal Mountain Ski Area in Washington I was waiting for the lifts to start up and I wondered into the 2nd floor of the lodge at the base area and lo and behold there hanging on the wall was a contraption that looked like a cross between a snowboard, a chainsaw and a snow mobile. When I got home I looked it up on the internet and found Jimmy D's Power Snowboards. It looked like it would take a pretty experienced operator. It has 90 mile range and goes 35 MPH! The drive resembles a snowmobile rear end. 19 HP. Check it out, looks outrageous!

So I did a little searching around and found JIMMY D'Z POWERED SNOWBOARDS on the internet.
http://www.jimmydz.com/

Take a look at the website for some video. Oh, and remember, helmets are recommended :tiphat:

Attachments

• leftsideall500.jpg
    leftsideall500.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 176

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's the contraption alright! It comes in a version with a piece of tubing coming up like an umbrella stand that has a motorcycle grip on it, and in the "Cord Control" model. I was talking to the alaskan's about it and one of the first responses I got was: "Yeah, guess that will be one more rescue or body retrevial we go out after in the cold when they run out of gas or the thing dies 30 miles from home". I'd still like to try one on a flat area.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
Back at the snowcat you shouldnt have left home without! Guess some people are glutten for punishment!
Personally I can see it as a useful emergency device. Say perhaps someone was a total idiot and left the house without a full tank of gas? Not that it would ever happen to me :smileywac Other than being embarrassed, its often a long walk home, through deep snow. This thing would make the trip much easier.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 133

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
:rolf2: Instead of toting around a half snow board half snowmobile contraption I have a monumental idea! Why not carry an extra can of gas instead? :yum: :newbie: