• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been in a weather alert for 2 days. But as we're closer to the great lake, we were spared yesterday when other areas within 2 hrs of us got nailed enough to close the highway due to snow and ice. Even today, it's cold and grey out but no snow.
78e2a27af752ab500b90044b497ffe55.jpg

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Everyone freaking out around here because of a frost advisory last night.
Helloooooo, it's October!
It may even snow soon, imagine that?
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You mean like this? Of course it won't stay. But it's crunch time to get everything put away for the winter.
9f280d0fe4a35af339fd0a5da3081303.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I came across this cool picture showing two seasons at the same time on a road only a few miles from my place yesterday.
62677e254dbbfd3d971e231b93a44734.jpg

Northern: I can recall many yrs ago when I was in Sales and had a customer in Calgary and went up there a couple times from my Beverly Hills sales office, and as usual rented cars where I went on sales calls, well I did the first time and when I had to plug the battery in that was when I turned in the car and cabbed it to my customer. Got into cabs that were nice and heated...

I was born in the East U.S. but left there 55 yrs ago for sunny so cal. Can't imagine putting my poor body thru that climate.

In my little time here don't seem to hear of members living in warmer climates... We gotta live somewhere that's for sure.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can handle summer and winter. Well, I like having 4 distinct seasons as I try to make the most out of each season. Lol. Summer's alright but come September I've had enough of boating sun and sweating my butt off and am ready for cooler fall weather when I get out hunting. About mid November I've had enough of hunting and am ready for snowmobile season. By March, I'm bored of that and get the itch to go camping again and boating etc.

I couldn't handle sweating my butt off for 12 months of the year.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. This'll be a good test to see how well things are tarped in for the winter. It's howling outside. We're in the woods but trees in close to the house are clear. It's all stone siding covering the house. We should be good. Just very strong winds. We're safe.

48cdc30aea8230fc6e13c87bb7df993f.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was a beautiful day here today, in the low 60s. Unfortunately, yesterday I tripped over the freekin' cat and jarred my back so I gave it today to calm down.

I love that cat. It's the most affectionate cat that I've ever had but it does like to get in my feet when I'm walking outside. I'm either going to cripple myself falling over it or I'm going to trample it to death. We're just going to have to wait and see what it's going to be.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's a calm sunny day today. The temperature is going to rise all week. This is the last blast of warmer air before full winter sets in.

I'm pretty much done with fall/winter preparations. Everything is tarped. Batteries are all removed and stored. The plow truck is up by the house ready to go. The snowmobiles are getting their fall servicing this week. Bring on the snow. We all know it's coming. No sense messing around with a couple inches all winter. Bring on about 3ft of it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The temperature is going to rise all week.

That's how it is going to be here all week, high 60s today and 70s the rest of the week. You are one step ahead of me. I still have to winterize the power equipment but I'll start on that today after I finish blowing leaves again.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Temps are hovering just a few degrees below the freezing mark. It's supposed to warm up to 7 Celsius later in the week which will just make a sloppy wet mess everywhere before freezing again. Hopefully I don't end up with frozen ruts all over the driveway that I'll have to deal with all winter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This will be our second real snow of the season (if it even happens) Lol
Up here 1-3" can mean very little or a foot.
?

20201216_064917.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Light but blowing and drifting snow.

Our little town made the Chicago news because there were 2 semi truck accidents just south of the interstate exit nearby. It’s a dangerous stretch of road when the snow blows off the open farmfields.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's cold in East Texas. The temperature this morning was hovering just above freezing and we're supposed to have a high in the low 40s. The rest of the week is supposed to be about 10°F higher ... that's still cold.

This morning I ran the trash down to the gate in the Gator. Somehow it reminded me of motorcycling in Scotland in my younger days, always cold.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in the middle of a snowstorm. So far since last night we've gotten 10" and it's supposed to keep on till tomorrow morning. Heading out to plow soon.
20201223_085516.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We got nailed with snow. A foot last night and another foot since noon. It's not supposed to lighten up until noon tomorrow.

look at the size of this. I'm at the blue dot.

Screenshot_20201223-231036_AccuWeather.jpg

This was earlier today in the yard.

FB_IMG_1608748783416.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Two days ago it was -2. Today it's a balmy -38 celcius with the wind and is supposed to stay cold all week. I shouldn't complain. We've had a mild winter so far. It showed the other day. We ended up with about 6" of snow.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We are expecting -7 F next week. And some snow.

Oh my gosh, an "Armageddon" 3.0" of the stuff.

Store shelves will be empty by Monday.

Missourians cannot deal with snow and cold.

I am originally from NE MO, Kahoka. Flat prairieland right on the IOWA border.
20F today, I split a face chord of oak. We have two fireplaces that will run all week.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty accurate. It's -33 celcius this morning. Nucking futs. It warmed up slightly yesterday afternoon but the wind was brutal. It made things interesting when we did a dump run to offload all the rubbish from our bathroom demo.

FB_IMG_1612956572458.jpg