• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Virginia Military Institute

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting!
First time poster finds a 9 year old thread that surely would have been archived in the bowels of the forum.
Yup.
It's Friday night.
:rolleyes:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I realize this thread hasn't been active in 9 years but I would like to throw something on here.

At VMI, there is something called a form 24.

If you commit any kind of honor offense, you have 48 hours from when you realize you committed the offense to form 24 yourself. You turn yourself in, receive some kind of penalty, but are not prosecuted by the honor court for said honor offense.

The fact of the matter is, your son committed a blatant honor offense. Not only that, he tried to get away with it. Made a self-conscious decision to not turn himself in and face the penalty.

Yes, it sucks that you got stuck with that bill. But it's due to your son's lack of honor, and decision to try to cheat the system.

Just my two cents.

Well there you go. Personal responsibility and consequences for ones actions. Two things the leftists are trying to eliminate in today's society seem to be alive and well in a renowned Military College. Maybe there is hope yet for us yet, eh?