• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lawn tractors

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I'll say that blindsided me. I thought in the first pic you posted (where I was guessing), we we're looking at the front of the tractor.

A Jacobsen with Kubota diesel is a good combo if maintained. Does it have an hour meter? Hyd lift for the deck? Power steering?

Let's cut to the chase. How much does he want for it?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Actually we came in way low on the offer for the place with the lawn tractor as a throw in. They came back at not much higher with it included.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Actually we came in way low on the offer for the place with the lawn tractor as a throw in. They came back at not much higher with it included.

Canadian eh!!!

So you bought a mower and they threw in a house on the deal! :th_lmao:

Check your email. I *think* I sent you a manual.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. Got it. Thanks. I'm guessing it's a decent mower? I guess I have to do a bit of reading now.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
More on the plow truck. He's got an older f350 with a plow he is willing to sell for an additional 6k. It has the 7.3l diesel. He claims it has a knock in the engine but has been running fine. It would come with a spare truck with 7.3l diesel engine that apparently runs so if the engine pops in the truck, there's a spare. Not sure I want to get into that. There's also a 93 dodge half ton 4x4 with a plow for sale up here. I may inquire about it.

Canadian eh!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Even if you need to fix that mower, you should probably keep it and try to get it running. Front mowers tend to be pretty expensive but they are worth it.

I always do Craigslist scans for front mowers in case something nice pops up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
According to the guy, it runs fine. Just looks like it sat outside all the time. I'll tinker with it and fix it up. Diesels and hydraulics are pretty much the same no matter the machine. Time to put my years of running and fixing the groomer to use.

Canadian eh!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This one seems that it may be a good value. And I believe it's in you general area.

KUBOTA F3060 60" MOWER - $6500
Wow. That's close to you and me also Bamby. If I was in the market I'd be all over that one. Seems like a to good to be true type of add. Guessing brand new those are priced like Kubota ZTR's which are in the 14k range.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
On the topic of lawn mowers and plow trucks, what's the consensus on a sidewalk plow as a personal driveway plow? I know of one for sale near here.

Canadian eh!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This one seems that it may be a good value. And I believe it's in you general area.

KUBOTA F3060 60" MOWER - $6500
I contacted the seller. He's not sure but thinks it's about a year 2000 model. It has 2900 hours and he said it's had a recent overhaul and a new mower deck. I may have to make a road trip (with trailer in tow) to go look at it.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
On the topic of lawn mowers and plow trucks, what's the consensus on a sidewalk plow as a personal driveway plow? I know of one for sale near here.

Canadian eh!!!

I don't think even your sons would care for it doing a driveway. With it angled and once the berm gets so much mass, especially if it's wet snow, then you have to start plowing at a right angle to the berm to finish clearing the drive. A sidewalk plow has it's name for a reason.
Mike

Bamby

Unfortunately PA is pretty far from WA. It is nice though. All I saw on CL the other day were two over used Deere front mowers with overly high asking prices.

I'm sorry for some reason I had you pegged fot the Pittsburgh area for some reason. I know a few other members were or are and you somehow got got tossed in.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So we were out at the house today. I took another look at the mower and snapped a picture of the deck. It definitely needs guards on those belts.
d5b72a134f27492c9ff0d2fff2fe21c0.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So we were out at the house today. I took another look at the mower and snapped a picture of the deck. It definitely needs guards on those belts.
d5b72a134f27492c9ff0d2fff2fe21c0.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

See a lot of that. Someone took them off to clean out the grass and debris. Instead of spending a couple of minutes putting them back its easier to just throw them in the corner! :hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
See a lot of that. Someone took them off to clean out the grass and debris. Instead of spending a couple of minutes putting them back its easier to just throw them in the corner! :hammer:
Go look in the corner for the guards. ;) Much safer to have them on. I "think" around here, dealers aren't allowed to sell used equipment unless the guards are in place.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd check with a dealer and/or the manufacturer. A lot of times, safety items are free or cheap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We were just out at the house for the final inspection. While there, I located both belt guards for the mower deck. So that's good. I couldn't start it though as there's no battery.
2af164cdfc445d0cd1a09648bf0c26f6.jpg
696d36f234c26284d1c11839393aeaab.jpg
f3507b9c9a8e8250d40f92688a3e57ba.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So why didn't anyone tell me I could burn rubber with the tractor. That thing hauls a$$. I had to try it out this eve. The deck rattles and chunks but works great. It took me a half hour to mow most of the lawn.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I want to replace the old weather cracked seat. Will any seat work? Or do they all have specific mountings?

Also, I plan on patching up and painting the engine hood cover.

Canadian eh!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Many aftermarket seats have relatively universal mounts but you'll need to consider the driver presence safety switch (if you get off when in operation, it shuts down). If you're going to a store for a new seat, take the old one with you and try to match things up.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love that mower... :thumbup:

The deck is out front. The only way to have it. You will find much less use for your string trimmer, as you can mow up under stuff, some thing you simply can not do with a standard sit over the deck set up....

Do what it takes to get this one up and running. You will see what I mean when you do.

Regards, Kirk