• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Heavy rain, lighting, hail & tornado warning... oh my!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well its a blustery day in the 100 acre wood and Winnie-the-Pooh is watching the weather closely.

The temps have been climbing, but the forecast says it should be falling.

Hail is hitting the windows. The weather radio is screeching warnings, there is a light show of lightning to our north, but no lightning close to us. Tornado watch for us, but warnings (which is worse than a watch) are to our west.

Looks like it might be a fun evening around here but it also looks like the bad weather we expected to hit us may be moving a little bit north of us so we should be spared.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the bad part of the storm is to my north, my brother (who lives due north 10 miles) and a friend who lives 20 miles north east, are both reporting heavy rain, flooding in the streets, lightning strikes.

I'll bet that southern Michigan will be getting hit hard shortly. It appears to be heading northeast so it may soon reach up into central Michigan.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess that means we're next.

Got the first wave in the wee hours like PG did.
Second wave is almost on us but the worst seems to be to the south (WV instead of W. PA)

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up at 11pm to heavy winds and rain and thunder booms.

3 o 4 damage causing tornadoes to our west, one or 2 to our east. None in my county. So 90% of the bad weather missed our house but a few miles west, north and east of us got pounded.

Temps are now dropping 20 degrees from yesterdays highs.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. Our forecast shows us dropping 40 degrees by tonight. :(

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, gonna cool down and then back up again.
30 tonight with flurries, then another storm for next Monday night.

It's still windy here, the sun is shining with blue skies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hit here tween 9am and 10. Tornado warnings until 10am. Power went out and is still out ...loving this generator about now. Flash flood warnings every half hour. Lots of rain fell. I just hired in some hoe work on my road to the river and he added some run offs to help control water damage from water picking up steam running down our 3/4 mile hill. This will be a huge test for that. Fingers crossed that it did the job and sent the water off to the side of the road, otherwise the road will wash out.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Its due to arive here later this afternoon.

Clear and 73 now. Thunderstorms, wind gusts to 40 mph, heavy rain temp drop to 40.

Think I will stay inside. :whistling:

Leni

You know what? After reading all of the above I'll take earthquakes any day. No warning but they don't happen all that often here.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know what? After reading all of the above I'll take earthquakes any day. No warning but they don't happen all that often here.

Hi!:smile:

Been wondering if all the rain has caused you folks any issues in your area? Good to see the drought correcting itself though...

Snow here this morning now sun and 40's. Very windy..

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad all is well in the 100 Acre Wood and Winnie's honey tree. :biggrin:

The cold front arrives here later tonight with much colder temps. 60F today and by Saturday is supposed to be -10F. 70 degree drop can be a real shock to the system if you know what I mean. :yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
It was even pouring all weekend into yesterday in Phoenix unusual for use and if someone spits it seems like things flood no plans for rain here.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Darn, you guys seem to be getting Texas weather.

Here in East Texas the cold front came through and the temperature dropped 20°F, that is from 80° to 60 °. It's still pleasant and really pretty but it's cool in the shade and the wind won't lay down. It's still blowing about 25 mph and gusting higher. I'm starting to feel perky enough to do some work but I'm not sure that that I want to be out there right now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It'll be a while before we get thunder and lightning. We're sitting at a balmy -16 celcius right now.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And this morning we have snow.

Not much.

Just enough to cause traffic accidents!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The front arrived this morning with blizzard conditions. Snow, dropping temps and a steady 40MPH wind. Oh joy. Supposed to be brutally cold all weekend with temps well below zero. Two days ago it was almost 70 degrees. LOL.