• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1952 Tucker Sno-cat, model 420

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
after a long round about way, the '52 tucker made it's way to tuckerville, it is getting the full spa treatment, while the '53 is in the paint booth, very kind thank you to Steve, for making it all possible. Special thoughts for Bill and Big Al who had a hand in saving this Tucker. Plans are to preserve this machine, runs wonderfully and the paint is coming back, sanding down to the original paint with 2000 grit and then polishing, doing small sections at a time, already rebuilt the tracks, pontoons are needing some attention, lots, lots, and lots of cleaning/detailing, plan to have it up at Timberline Lodge this year.

Attachments

• Tucker snowcat 005.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 005.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 502
  • toroedo mccall.jpg
    toroedo mccall.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 447
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 472
  • DSC_0119.jpg
    DSC_0119.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 472
  • DSC_0117.jpg
    DSC_0117.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 468

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Awesome job, takes a strong will and a lot of patience to do that type of work !!!:wow:Is the heater is that machine original equipment???? I dont have that luxury in the 420 i have.:ermm:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thank you mr loggah, heaters in 420 and or 421's were installed by the owner, no factory installs, if you would like one, have several, be happy to send one to you. tuckerville minion

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the offer! I have a couple i salvaged out of the scrapyard, i just didn't see a place where any were ever mounted. I probably will just rough it and go without,never had many heaters in the log skidders i used to own.:smile:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Amazing the paint comes back like that. Lots of elbow grease.

Love the orig paint preservation!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
well, make it to Timberline, ran great and made it up to silcox with ease ( while the non tuckers had issues ) good day on the mountain.

Attachments

• DSC_0143.jpg
    DSC_0143.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 326

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Think that is the coolest Tucker you have but you probably have another rare model we don't know about. What does this one have under the hood?