• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Serious question for Trump supporters

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Right now I still like Cruz. I don't hide this. I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee. The left needs to be defeated above all else. I think we can all agree on this.

It is unlikely that Trump will get 1237 delegates. He may be close. Say he gets near 1000 and Cruz is also near 1000 by the convention. The convention goes to a second or more ballots and Cruz gets the nomination. Trump has again threatened to go third party if he doesn't win the convention.

The question I have for the Trump supporters is this:

If Trump does go third party will you follow him, on your perceived principals of hating the "establishment", knowing that this will surely guarantee a victory for Clitler?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
If the Republicans do not nominate one of these two (Cruz or Trump) leaders of the "new Republican party" they (the establishment Republicans) are effectively voting for Hillary. If they have the audacity to bypass the top primary vote getters in favor of a Jeb or Kasich then they are not my party anymore. :hammer:

I will vote my conscience. At this time I cannot say yes or no as to a third party vote. If a vote for a third party candidate can provide real momentum and make a difference for the future that could be the deciding factor for me. I will wait and see how this all washes out by convention time. :unsure:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I just may go third party. The republican party is nothing but Democrats in disguise.
Give Obama whatever he wants. Been on the purse strings for long enough to defund all of Obama's bullshit, but NOT ONE THING has been defunded. Didn't they run on that a few years back?

It's all bullshit.

Now they are pounding their chests that they will block Obama's SCOTUS appointment today.
Really?
Do you believe it? For a second?
If you do, I can sell you either The Centennial or the Blossomland bridge here in St Joe. Or I can make a package deal.

Again, for the life of me, why elect a Repub or a demo? They are one in the same, with one agenda - line their pockets

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think it's too late in the game for Trump or anyone else to start a third party. I think it would guarantee the bitch a free ride into the oval office. Percentagewise, Cruz seems to be gaining on Trump but it might be too little too late. I think the repub establishment will be wise take whoever winds up on top and run w/ him. There's already theories Kasich is continuing to run in hopes of a VP spot. He's too far behind at this point in time to get ahead to be the nominee and I believe he's just taking votes from Cruz.
JMHO,
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Trump won all nine delegates Tuesday in the Northern Marianas. In doing so, the Northern Marianas became the eighth state or territory in which Trump won a majority of the delegates. (The others: South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Hawaii and Mississippi.) And according to the rules of the Republican convention, a candidate must “demonstrate the support of a majority of the delegates from each of eight (8) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination.” No eight states, no nomination."

So, firstly, let's wait and see if Cruz gets to the eight states. If not then it should all be a moot point, right?

Unless......the GOPe changes the rules in the eighth inning, taking away the advantage of the lead team and giving the other team a foot in the door.

In that case, even though technically I am not a Trump supporter, I will vote for Trump if he walks and goes third party. Otherwise, play by the rules and I will vote for the Pub whomever he is.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
This shows what were up against. If the candidate does not get 1237, all bets are off.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjOSKev6ENU[/ame]

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will support Trump.

I'd prefer to support Cruz, he is the better option, by a long shot.

Kasich is a spoiler, nothing more. He siphons off Cruz votes and assures Trump more wins, it may be that he is looking for the VP slot.

What I agree with, which has been stated by others, IF the GOP gives the nomination to someone other than the top 2 candidates (Trump or Cruz) then there will be a revolt by the voters, myself included, and the GOP is doomed to a total collapse.

As stated, the GOP is nothing more than the "Democrats Lite" and is a party without principle or ethics. Those few who have stood up for the conservative principles within the party have been demonized and marginalized by their own party. Cruz, Lee, Ron & Rand Paul, Stutzman, Chaffitz, etc are all outcasts with the party.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I heard a theory today that Kasich is staying in, hoping for not a contested convention, which he will get nothing from, but a brokered one (there is a difference) where he can place himself as a viable VP for whomever the elites place at the top of the ticket.

IMO, neither Trump or Cruz will give him the time of day if they are nominated through a contested convention. Additionally they both should beat the crap out of his pro-amnasty position immediately.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a rather interesting story.

Hogan Gidley, who served as national communications director for Mike Huckabee’s presidential campaign, appeared on Wednesday’s edition of Breitbart News Daily with SiriusXM host Stephen K. Bannon to discuss a crucial aspect of the Republican primary: the previously obscure, but increasingly notorious, Rule 40.

Technically, most of the analysts citing Rule 40 are referring to the current version of Rule 40(b), which sets a certain minimum threshold for candidates at the Republican National Convention. According to this rule, candidates must arrive at the convention with a majority of the delegates from eight states or territories, or else they are disqualified from the first round. In most elections, this is a mere formality because the clear winner of the nomination is well-known before the convention begins, making the convention an extended infomercial for the party and its nominee.

Of course, there is good reason to suspect the Republican convention will be rather more exciting this year. Gidley noted there is apprehension among front-runner Donald Trump’s supporters that the GOP Establishment will use some “shenanigans” to “steal” the nomination from him at the convention. Among those shenanigans could be changing Rule 40 to bring candidates who don’t meet the established minimum threshold into the game.

There are two ghosts from the 2012 election haunting the Shakespearean drama of the 2016 primary, and Gidley invoked them both in a single breath: Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.

“This is actually called the ‘Ron Paul Rule.’ The Romney people put this in place,” Gidley explained. “The Establishment hurt Ron Paul, but I think this Establishment rule will actually help Donald Trump.”

Gidley noted there is no way for one of the last three remaining candidates, Governor John Kasich of Ohio, to win the necessary majority of delegates from eight states. Texas Senator currently stands at seven.

He further asserted that, contrary to much speculation from pundits, Rule 40(b) technically blocks disqualified candidates from participating in any of the subsequent ballots, which scuttles the notion of denying Trump victory in an initial vote where only he and Cruz are qualified candidates, and then parachuting some other Establishment-preferred candidate into the convention hall to seize the nomination, possibly someone who didn’t even run in the 2016 primary at all.

Rule 40 “was an effort to stop the Ron Paul faction from gaining traction at the convention,” Gidley recalled. “And now we see the fruits of that rule, which was designed to stop Ron Paul, could effectively stop the Establishment.”

“The second part of the rule is, you can’t even count votes for anybody else who doesn’t meet that threshold,” he pointed out. “So people can try to submit votes for other people — like Kasich, or like Rubio, or like Romney — but if you haven’t won a majority of the delegates in eight states, you can’t be on any ballot, at any time. First, second, third, fourth, fifth — it doesn’t matter.”

It has been suggested that the Rules Committee will simply change Rule 40 to arrange whatever outcome is necessary to block Trump, but Gidley was skeptical of this idea. Normally, a presumptive candidate who has reached the “magic number” of bound delegates needed to secure the nomination can control the rules. If Trump is held below that 1,237-delegate threshold this year, the Rules Committee could theoretically rewrite the rules to hurt him, but Gidley anticipated sheer chaos if such tactics were employed.

“If you think people are mad now … it’s gonna be a political jihad,” he warned.
LINK to source => http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...changes-rules-to-steal-nomination-from-trump/

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
These politicians, all of them, both sides, are CROOKS, and will do anything to knock Trump out.

And, for those of you voting for anybody but Trump, you are most definitely voting to keep the same crap going, and exponentially making it worse.

Doesn't mean Trump won't continue the crap, but his words and actions previously show that he will do what he said he will do.

Go ahead, vote Kasich or Cruz (Rinos) or the one of the two liberals. See what gets worse.

And maybe who you vote for in the elections 4 or 8 years down the road won't matter, just like the primaries. Who cares what the majority want, right? The politicians know what's best for us.

Trump has awoken a sleeping giant. And we are sick of the bullcrap.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Go ahead, vote Kasich or Cruz (Rinos) or ...

First time I've ever seen Cruz referred to as a RINO.

The establishment hates Cruz.

I believe the establishment probably like Trump more than Cruz.

In fact some establishment leaders are calling on Cruz to return to Washington to apologize to them on the Senate floor.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, that was brought up in my post #5. Are they going to change the rules in the 8th Inning?

I don't think they can. I think the time window to change the rules has closed. If they were going to do it it should have been done BEFORE this week's primary votes. But now it is too late. I think they know they have lost the ability to make the changes.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
First time I've ever seen Cruz referred to as a RINO.

The establishment hates Cruz.

I believe the establishment probably like Trump more than Cruz.

In fact some establishment leaders are calling on Cruz to return to Washington to apologize to them on the Senate floor.

Ya, maybe my statement was a bit harsh. The guy is still bought and paid for by many many crooks, wheeler-dealers, and favor seekers.

I am worn out by them all.

Business as usual used to be sort of quaint; not so much to me anymore.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think they can. I think the time window to change the rules has closed. If they were going to do it it should have been done BEFORE this week's primary votes. But now it is too late. I think they know they have lost the ability to make the changes.

Melsdad, I heard this being discussed the other day and, to my recollection, they can change the rules at any time right up to the start on the convention.

As far as Trump goes, I'm not a fan by any means but I try to rationalize it by saying that at least he has experience of business, the workings of the world and life outside of politics which is way more than Obama could claim when he first entered the White House.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If that were to be the case I'd rather see Trump-Palin and appoint Cruz to the Supreme Court.
I'd vote for anybody but Clinton.
But please please not Trump /Palin. I do not think that would win the Presidency. I'd much rather see Trump pair with Condi Rice, that could be a winner.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melsdad, I heard this being discussed the other day and, to my recollection, they can change the rules at any time right up to the start on the convention.

As far as Trump goes, I'm not a fan by any means but I try to rationalize it by saying that at least he has experience of business, the workings of the world and life outside of politics which is way more than Obama could claim when he first entered the White House.

Yes, LEGALLY, according to their own rules, they can change the rules at any time they wish.

But my comment was from the practical standpoint.

I believe they lost their chance to change the rule. Should they try to change it now, after so many have spoken out about having a fair, clean, open convention then I think the GOP party will simply implode and vanish. Even Rance Priebus, GOP chairman, indicated that the convention must be clean and transparent and opposed a brokered convention. Cruz so much as stated the same thing.

But please please not Trump /Palin. I do not think that would win the Presidency. I'd much rather see Trump pair with Condi Rice, that could be a winner.
I've met Condi Rice, she is an amazing woman, but I don't think she will defend the 2nd Amendment. I have doubts that Trump will do so either; it just doesn't seem like he will make sure any supreme court nominees will need to have a strict scrutiny of the constitution view, and that is what is needed to protect not only the 2nd Amendment but also property rights.