• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Amphibious RV!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Now THIS is COOL!!!! :punk:
http://www.terrawind.com/terrawind.html
rv-1.jpg

Cool Amphibious Manufacturers International retrofits RV's to make them amphibious. You just drive the massive mother into a lake, and presto, houseboat for the weekend. I want one badly but they cost anywhere between $850,000 - $1.2 million, putting them about $850,000 - $1.2 million out of my price range. Oh well, I guess I can always steal the neighbor's RV and drive it into the lake. It might float. Some sugar in the gas tank should do the trick. Check out a link to the company's website after the jump -- they even make an amphibious SUV and sports car. Neat shit. Certainly brings new meaning the the phrase, "I drove my RV into a lake", doesn't it?
Friend: What did you get into this weekend?
Me: You know, the usual -- I drove my RV into the lake.
Friend: HA! No seriously.
Me: I'm being serious, I drove my RV into the lake.
Friend: Man, if you're just gonna lie--
Me: Fine asshole, I had sex with some chick from outerspace.
Friend: No way! Do they really have three tits?

rv-2.jpg

rv-3.jpg

rv-4.jpg

rv-5.jpg

Cool Amphibious Manufacturers International

BoneheadNW

Amphibious RV is about as useful as an extra set of teets on a bull. Having said that, don't tell me.....that's next on your list.:biggrin:
Bone

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I dunno - sounds like a very handy item for living in Iowa or along the gulf coast...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Guy at the local lake was trying to back his boat down the ramp with a motorhome and it was a little slippery for all that weight. LOL He needed a BIG wrecker to drag it up the ramp!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it is a cool concept but I would guess one would have to be picky were you went into the water and where you wanted to come out ,as I would guess most beach heads won't support the weight. also it must have some kind of all wheel drive system to get back up on dry land.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The drive train issues and the water tightness would be a maintanance nightmare. Plus the compromise of space and power plant capacities.

I would imagine it to be easier, cheaper and far more sea worthy to have a pontoon barge built upon which you could just drive the thing up.. Then just tow behind when traveling.

I love the fact that people seem to always want to invent stuff like this. But if I wanted to have a motor home and go on the water I would tow this baby behind my Winnebago.
http://jalopnik.com/5376329/corvette+powered-python-fastest-amphibious-vehicle-ever