• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A good guest never asks

daedong

Ok I know nothing much about your national sports and what season they are played. I am being cheeky but can someone take us to a game of what ever (I guess we are talking Baseball, Footy) is being played in Sept, Oct. It does not need to be at elite level as we probably won't understand it anyway. It would just be nice to be accompanied by someone who knows the games.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Football(US/NFL) will be playing. And, Baseball. NASCAR and NHRA(stock cars and drag cars) will be running.

It can be interesting explaining. I have always liked baseball, but never been real big in to it. Some years back, on a business trip, me and a couple coworkers took a guy from France to see the Oakland A's play. It was challenging explaining the rules, and figuring out the ones I didn't know either :D

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ehhhhh.... Our Doctor Who convention is in November. Only thing Im excited about. (yes... seriously)

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Ok I know nothing much about your national sports and what season they are played. I am being cheeky but can someone take us to a game of what ever (I guess we are talking Baseball, Footy) is being played in Sept, Oct. It does not need to be at elite level as we probably won't understand it anyway. It would just be nice to be accompanied by someone who knows the games.

Football is a big game that is played. It is a lot like Socker, just has none of the same rules, the uniforms are different, the ball is funnier, and I think "OUR" ref's get paid a lot more under the table... verses what is paid above the table...:yum:

Oh, the fans are the same, pretty nutty....:thumb:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Hey RNE! Let's go show him the local sport in our back yard - running the Rubicon Trail, where the Jeeper's Jamboree is held.

trcar8.jpg

trcar2.jpg

Vin, this was one of the routes over the crest of the Sierras but it has gotten into disrepair. ... Does you insurance on that Highlander cover dents and stuff? :yum:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Ok, I'm not really serious.

I started in there once in a Willys Wagon (1950's Jeep SUV) and soon realized I was way over my head. I couldn't get past a side angle so severe I thought I would either roll, or the rusty body would separate from the chassis and roll over by itself. I carefully turned around and backed out.

That really is pro-level sport. I expect 95+% of the participants arrive on a trailer, and have a year of amateur preparation invested.

Any more suggestions?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Start of hockey season. A real mans game. Like rugby... only on ice... with sticks.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Done it in a mildly modified '70 CJ5. Done it on 4-stroke and 2-stroke dirt bikes. And hiked:thumb:

It's a doable trail in a pretty stock Jeep. The guys with tricked out rigs take the hardest path

If I still had the Jeep, that would be a great place to go. Amazing scenery up there!

And, yes, that used to be a main road. It is still actually listed as a county road...

Ok, I'm not really serious.

That really is pro-level sport. I expect 95+% of the participants arrive on a trailer, and have a year of amateur preparation invested.

Any more suggestions?