• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

scored a good buy today

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up a Traeger pellet smoker today for $150. Needed a lot of cleaning with the wire brush and grinder cup brush. The PO never lined the grease pan with foil so it was a real mess. Everything works so I'll grill some burgers this evening!! I've been wanting one for quite awhile but didn't want to spend what they want for a new one.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a great deal. Cheapest one I've seen was $500. Nice grills.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Picked up a Traeger pellet smoker today for $150. Needed a lot of cleaning with the wire brush and grinder cup brush. The PO never lined the grease pan with foil so it was a real mess. Everything works so I'll grill some burgers this evening!! I've been wanting one for quite awhile but didn't want to spend what they want for a new one.
Mike

Awesome find. I too refuse to pay the long price. :thumbup:

I use hickory flavored pellets in a regular smoker and they work great, just don't soak the pellets with water first. LOL.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The burgers turned out great. Now to plan for greater challenges!!
Mike

Mike, I am jealous. Time for a brisket. :thumbup: If those pellet cookers are anything like my Harman pellet stove, you can control the heat almost to the degree. Damn ass kicking good they are. A friend has a pellet smoker, not a Traegar but a Green Mountain and that bad boy makes some mean briskets.

Did I say I was jealous? :yum: