• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 542a 1978

ScottMX68

1978 tucker 542a runs and drives. Could use some tlc 318 w 5 speed.
Have some spare parts too
Mamma wants a new house so need to liquidate some.
$8,000 obo 916-752-8780

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 746
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 748

ScottMX68

I want to go back to McCall bad. I love it there as lots of my friends
Now live there or close to it. But it's just not in the cards this year.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Scott,

I suspect interested parties would want to know how many hours are on the machine, and also who the original owner was. The original owner is potentially significant because in terms of usage and maintenance/repair there's a world of difference between a utility company and a ski area (or other grooming organization).

I just checked and don't see it listed on ksl.com. Yes, I know they are SLC based, but it's a great place to advertise (free) a snowcat for sale. It gets viewership from quite a number of states. Generally people list snowcats in the "Recreational Vehicles section called Snowmobiles-used".

"Monster Jeff" (as I refer to him) has a 1974 Tucker 542A listed for $19,800. Yes, it has some shiny new paint and an extended cab, but pretty close to the same machine with wide steel tracks. I haven't seen either machine, but you might consider some refurbishment, and even with a healthy price increase you could be thousands under the other Tucker.

Good Luck!

vintagebike

Talked to Scott in Grass Valley this morning. It sounds like a great deal for someone...but for me there is no more room at the inn.:drive2: :biker:

ScottMX68

Thanks guys, I got some interest today from the site. I'm not in a rush to dump it so I will stay at the $7k number as its not the prettiest but it does run and drive.it does need someone to go through it though as it had been sitting. I would love to keep it but wife likes to swet me about having 2 sno-cats sitting on the side of the house. lol

ScottMX68

It is still for sale. I do have an interested party who i am holding it for a few days to see if he wants it.
I will post either way.

Thank you