• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ISO - cat - $10-15k range

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep... seems like its that time again...

I'm looking at various options, but got $10-15k I can throw at it right now, preferable less if at all possible...

Options considered in case you come across:

LMC1500
LMC1200
Spryte
SuperImp 1450
Tucker
and any other around 4-5000 weight range, cant go too large as I like to be able to get over through tight spots... and towing vehicle limitations...

I know that with the budget it will be hard, but I'm sure its out there somewhere... (just saw a Spryte in good condition east coast under $10k last week and missed out on the ad & location)...

Anyways - anyone that sources/located/points out and I go through with a purchase - I'll get you one of my custom hand made endgrain butcher blocks as a sign of my appreciation...

Thanks everyone!!!

p.s. did you do your snow dance today?!?!?!?!?

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know you saw this already but I figured I should put it on this thread in case you end up with this one. Very cool looking cat!

https://northernwi.craigslist.org/snw/d/thiokol-spryte-snow-groomer/6437490445.html

Funny thing - its the one I was looking for! I'm going to contact the seller tomorrow when I get a chance, will see where this goes!

I'm sure I'll be posting updates on the forums, if you see me get the machine - do remind me on the "finder's offer" from me!!!

Cheers!!!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know you saw this already but I figured I should put it on this thread in case you end up with this one. Very cool looking cat!

https://northernwi.craigslist.org/snw/d/thiokol-spryte-snow-groomer/6437490445.html

Hah, I live in the state that is for sale in and did not catch it..

couple things. to share which are not intended to be a negative but will most likely come out that way.

I almost bought that machine years back. it resided just south of me and I found it for sale by cruising adds in various google searches. It was for sale with the drag. The motor is for sure rebuilt. as is the transmission. the extra copper lines you can see sneaking over the hitch are one of the give aways to me that it is the same machine.
the club had lost its state charter and trails were absorbed by neighboring clubs as urban sprawl made the the trail system harder and harder to mark.

I shied away from it do to the condition of the belts. all the grousers were rewelded and the belts were adequate but suspect, I just did not have the H.P. to rebuild the belting to the standard necessary to pull that drag on our trails.

One other thing that caused me to pull back, was the (Standard for the thiokol company) What model is it, it appears after some discussion with members here that it is a B model that a automatic transmission was added to, or was a fairly rare OEM one. The Hydraulic system is very robust ( heavy) many circuits to keep the operator amused.

I just am speaking up because you are a long way away and have been a great resource to me and my projects, figured I would share. If you want me to grab a a camera and go see the seller to evaluate......

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
guess if you do not buy a snow track, a rubber tracked tucker might work,

if it has a rust issue, seller was honest about the rust, be sure to check out all the square tubing in the frame, they tend to rust from the inside out...at least you will not have to deal with pontoons (steel/fiberglass) and grousers.

kinda surprised that, with all the great success you have had with Thiokol, you are even considering something else

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

guess if you

Thanks to both of you for suggestions/comments, definitely added some knowledge to my search... Am LOOKING :)

I'm always up for some funky challenge, and love seeing what I can do with different machines. Dont mind a 2 man cab, as it lets me build as needed on the rear on my own, and hate to buy something that i'll be chopping out and removing someone else labor/idea from the start.

Thus simpler/lighter/more mechanical sound the machine, the better. Gosh I sound like a car salesman... LOL

Fun begins along with sleepless nights... :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
you can always pull a snow cat ski trailer for gear, make it so it folds up onto the back of the snow cat for over the road transportation,

call me, do i have deal for you