• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It was 16 F degrees Saturday morning. Fortunately power was on and I had two heaters going. Still it was a cold night in the berth.

Blew out water from all the systems and put in the pink stuff.

Antifreeze in the Diesel auxiliary and Seafoam in the tank.

Back on the road to St Louis about 2:00.

today I'm finishing the drywall mud in the master bedroom. Had a contractor do it but he was a sloppy tradesman. Did not save money or time. Should have done it myself.

Paint today and tonite. Monday we hope to move the furniture back in.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ty woke me up with a bling! in phone text.
Sent me a pic of the girls on a wagon ride.

It's now my sweetie pies for my avatar.
:wub:

FB_IMG_1541961521360.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting my head back on track.
Time change doesn't normally bother me, but that and working nights don't marry well I fear.
Guess it's something I have to get used to.
It never did snow last night.
Hurray! Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took my aunt to a couple of appointments yesterday. She's in a lot of pain. More appointments for her today not to mention a couple for us. We're meeting with our foster daughter's worker and an adoption worker this afternoon to see what the next step is as we are working towards adopting her. Our other 2 foster children will be returning home soon. That'll leave us with 5 kids in the house ages 9-14.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Attended a Veterans Day Celebration at my nephews grade school. I have to give a hand to the teachers and kids at the school. They went all out for the 100 or so veterans that attended. We even had a couple of WW II vets in attendance as were a few Korean war vets. The school did a special thanks to all the Vietnam vets since we did not get a welcome home back in the day. Very moving for me. They served us a big breakfast before all the festivities and after the celebration in the auditorium they had us walk the halls of the school which were lined by kids and teachers chanting USA. Very nice. Then we had the option of going to the classroom of the student that invited us to give a little talk and answer questions. Overall a very nice event thanks to all the effort by the teachers and kids of Blennerhassett Elementary School. Well Done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Started working on the RV this morning. Damn, it was cold. They say it got up to 37°F today but my gauge never saw above 32°F. I think I've got it all done except for hooking up the car and throwing in a few things in the morning. It's supposed to be in the mid 20s tomorrow morning. Jeez. Hope to get hooked up and outta here before 9 o'clock.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd love to hit the road in the rv. We're tentatively planning a 4 week trip to the east coast with our camper. And already in the distant future a smaller rv so we can travel to the east coast and down in the states.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd love to hit the road in the rv. We're tentatively planning a 4 week trip to the east coast with our camper. And already in the distant future a smaller rv so we can travel to the east coast and down in the states.

I love RVing. My wife tolerates it but in out latest rig, she is starting to enjoy it. I started out in the hills of Scotland with a pup tent and a sleeping bag. My Lord, we've come a long way since then. I'm too old to go back to those days but I still like to get away from it all but still bring the conveniences of a modern world with me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing exciting here either. Just finished the gym. Brought my aunt to a medical appointment. Physio for me this afternoon.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting the boat winterized. Yep, giving up on this boating season. Was hoping to dip her in the water during indian summer last month but that did not happen. 32 degrees here earlier, at least it's up to 37 now. Don't like winterizing in the cold, used to do it myself but now I pay a pro to take care of our baby.

Bamby

Well I've got a bit over a hour until my electrical provider is shutting me down for about four hours while they are performing some line work. It's 32 here this morning it ain't like you need heat or anything.. Oh well this old goat will survive....

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Depending on where you are in St Louis, we got from four to eight inches of the white stuff last nite.

I spent 45 minutes getting to work today. It usually takes 15. My phone rang the whole time with workers calling in. Half the crew won't show today. So we have to makeup the time this Saturday.

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally finished harvest today, except for the replanted in July soybeans, and those will take more time to switch the machine over to harvest than it will take to actually harvest them..

It has been a long drawn out harvest season, 3 weeks behind what we consider normal. Rain and mud for the first 3 weeks kept us from doing anything.. Now the work of cleaning, and storing machinery, building an inventory of grain to sell, crop insurance yield posting, and purchasing inputs for next year... You know sitting in a warm combine cab isn't so bad after all!! :wink: Lol

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning all you FF'ers.
Had a fine night playing Flo, and have the weekend off.
Sleep?
I'll need some, eventually lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did nap today when I wasn't bugging Doc on why I couldn't connect to the forums.
:hide:
My phone apparently wasn't playing nice with something going on.
After checking my security settings and making changes, that probably wasn't it.

I found a Trump girl avatar.
The girls won't mind.
Nana taught them who Donald Trump is.
They would point at him on the TV.
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Running like crazy but not getting anything done. The kids had their second pd day in two weeks. So between me going to the gym then physio, taking my aunt to an appointment, getting one kid off to a visit, getting the other six off to the boys and girls club, getting two of them back home for a visit, and juggling things around to get the oldest boy to an evening program, it's been a busy day.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm supposed to be working on my house but,,,;
The snow last Thursday put us behind on a contract so we are working at the plant today.

Work starts at 7:00 M

It's 8:00 and only five of 20 are here.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm supposed to be working on my house but,,,;
The snow last Thursday put us behind on a contract so we are working at the plant today.

Work starts at 7:00 M

It's 8:00 and only five of 20 are here.

Are the roads that bad? The news here said you folks got about six inches, which IMO shouldn't cripple that area. At least, it wouldn't have when I was growing up just to the north, or when Dragonfly Lady and I were stationed there '76-79.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Are the roads that bad? The news here said you folks got about six inches, which IMO shouldn't cripple that area. At least, it wouldn't have when I was growing up just to the north, or when Dragonfly Lady and I were stationed there '76-79.

NO THE ROADS ARE FINE.
snow melted yesterday

IT'S DEER SEASON GUYS ARE IN THE WOODS
MOM'S HAVE TO STAY HOME WITH THE KIDS
and
YOU KNOW THAT MILLINIALS HAVE RIGHTS!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning pheasant hunting with old college buddies from my youth..

All ready a bit sore from the walk in heavy switch grass, and brome grass. It is going to be an Aleve kind of night here. :unsure:

We were able to harvest 9 birds for our efforts. A good number, they came from 2 places on my farm, that are Conservation reserve acers, or CRP.. All told about 65 acers of wild grass lands.

It was great to get together with these guys again. We try and do this every year.

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been relaxing all day talking to my boys and grandies.
Ty is home with 2 little sick ones, Jeff is in Indy with the fiance having a ball.
They visited James Dean's grave and the speedway museum for probably his 50th time.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Mens breakfast at the church this morning. Followed by a speaker talking about sailing across the north Atlantic in a 70ft clipper sailboat. There's a race around the world held every two years that lasts a year long. Teams of 14-21 people on each boat. 12 boats in all. Quite interesting.

I was back at the church this afternoon to play the 5pm service. I really need to record us one day. We actually have a decent 3 part harmony going.

Below is a picture of one of the clipper sailboats.
2adeaa69cdc914de18c52599385f15b4.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning pheasant hunting with old college buddies from my youth..

All ready a bit sore from the walk in heavy switch grass, and brome grass. It is going to be an Aleve kind of night here. :unsure:

We were able to harvest 9 birds for our efforts. A good number, they came from 2 places on my farm, that are Conservation reserve acers, or CRP.. All told about 65 acers of wild grass lands.

It was great to get together with these guys again. We try and do this every year.

Regards, Kirk

My favorite hunting is pheasant. Great walk outdoors with good company. I don't care if I get one or two. Or none. I just enjoy the activity ad a day away from cell phones and work projects.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We don't have pheasant here. We do have partridge though (spruce hen and roughed grouse) that's all the hunting I do. Though I keep saying I'm going to try deer hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.