• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stranded .... AAA to the rescue.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This past summer I bought an AAA membership for the first time in decades. I was traveling and wanted the discount at the hotels, plus if I had an issue triple A is nice to have.

I drove the 2013 Toyota Avalon to dinner. When I turned it off it kept beeping for some reason I didn't understand. Guess it was sending me a message. After dinner it would not start. Dead battery. Called AAA for help. They showed up in 30 minutes. Jump started the car. And even had a 6 year battery for less than the O'Reilly auto parts store just down the road. The tech also checked to ensure the alternator was charging to ensure what we needed was a battery.

He installed the battery and had us on our way in short order. Awesome service. On this 25 degree evening I was glad to have someone else to the work. :D Kudos to Triple A folks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You’re getting old doc! I bought booster packs for all the cars this year. They are cheap and small these days.

I still have AAA though. Nice to have that extra security and I’ve used it a few times.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny you mention that PB. I ordered one of those mini booster packs for emergency jumping the car via the cig lighter. It is in the box unopened needing charged up and checked out. It's been there for a few days now. I think it arrived last Tues. :pat: It was on sale for 30 bucks and small / easy to keep in the car but I did not get around to setting it up.

Glad I had Triple A. This is the first time I've ever used AAA. Very handy I will say. And yes, you are right PB. I'm getting OLD. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have caa for when we travel with the camper. It's great. Saved us when we ran out of gas. All the discounts are great too