• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Two Photos That Say It All

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Still needs to have the podium... the 'prompters... the lights, black boxes, and don't forget a Secret Service suit in back to be on the lookout for any terrorist-type Cub Scouts with TEA-partier parents who may have poisoned their minds with hate.

Here's how the last guy did it- you know, the 'dumb' one...

h/t

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
President Bush was reading to school kids (from a book), the morning of the 9/11 attacks.
He wasn't wearing an empty suit.

Brien

Two things:
1. There is an agent within a few feet of Bush in that shot, most likely one on each end of the kids. They are not worried about the kids, they are worried about all the adults that are in the same room.

2. I promise you there are lights on Bush as well, there is always lights on the president. There are people who sole job is to light the president.

In the Obama shot, it appears to be a direct to camera address that happens to be in a classroom. He often does this on visits to schools. I know it would not be beneficial to your point to show any one of the countless times he has sat reading to kids in a school.

To be clear, I am not a Obama supporter or basher. But this sort of bashing is just dishonest. Comparing pictures of two different type of events is like comparing apples and jet fighters.

****EDIT****
Here is a picture from the event at the same school with the kids. The picture posted above was from a media only event at the same school.

school_racetotop_PS-0042.jpg

Last edited: