• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
And now Dr Fauci is saying that people should wear masks in public. Even just the cloth masks. His logic is that if infected people walking around cough they spread disease. Wearing a cloth mask catches the droplets and keeps people from spreading the infection.

Of course one must presume that people actually wash those masks from time to time???

My brother told me that the N95 masks have a life span of 8 hours ... but that presumes you wear it 8 hours in a row. He said that humidity is the big problem as they are largely made of fibers, an 8 hour shift tends to break down the fibers. At the hospital, where he is a purchasing agent, they can actually be dried out, sanitized and re-used. He said they can be used for several days each if properly dried out. He suggested having several, using one, hanging it to dry, then next day use a different one, the 3rd day use yet another mask. Then on day 4 go back to mask #1.

20200401_062432.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And I hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but...

And yes I know that ZeroHedge is the source and many people don't like it, but it has been damn accurate so far...

so here is the mic-drop :bolt:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/h...nty-lockdown-after-new-corona-cluster-emerges

Here We Go Again: China Puts County On Lockdown After New Corona Cluster Emerges

China is no longer fixed.

Having lied for the past two months about the severity and the extent of coronavirus pandemic which its virologists started in Wuhan, eager to convey the message that the crisis "under control" just so people return to work, full of hope and enthusiasm, rejoicing at the surge in China's just as fabricated PMI numbers, and willing to work their asses off (with Beijing generously willing to risk everyone's lives as the alternative is a complete collapse in China's economy) earlier today the US finally cracked down on the relentless barrage of Chinese lies, when US intelligence accused China of deliberately lying about its coronavirus figures.

Then, in a miraculous coincidence, just moments later Reuters reported that a county in central China's Henan province announced on Wednesday it had "virtually banned all outbound movement of people, following several cases of coronavirus infection in the area."

According to a post on its social media account, Jia county - which has a population of about 600,000 - said that no one can travel out of Jia county without proper authorization. Additionally, residents are not allowed to leave their homes for work unless they have clearance to do so.

According to local media reports, on March 29, Henan Province broke its 30-day streak of reporting no new coronavirus cases, saying one person tested positive after a trip to Pingdingshan, where Jia County is located. Specifically, on Saturday, Henan province reported one confirmed case in Luohe city; local authorities said the infected person had been in contact with two doctors based in Jia county who later tested positive for the virus even though they had showed no symptoms.

As a result, Bloomberg adds that starting April 1, all residential compounds will be under "closed-off management" and all residents need to wear masks and have temperature taken entering or exiting the compounds.

And so the virus is back to China, despite the best intentions of the [strike]Chinese[/strike] World Health Organization and its Beijing sponsors to make it seem that China had managed to defeat the virus.

Needless to say this is a problem, because the risk of stop-start restrictions on people’s movements mean that any calls for a V-shaped rebound in global economies and stocks can now be ignored as China will soon be forced to go through the entire shut down exercise all over again.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Shocker: U.S. Intelligence Says China Under-Reported Cases, Deaths Related to Wuhan Coronavirus
Posted by Mary Chastain Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 1:00pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/...ths-related-to-wuhan-coronavirus/#more-313761

China lied, people died

I. Am. Shocked. U.S. intelligence says China under-reported cases and deaths related to the Wuhan coronavirus.

You mean to tell me that the Communist regime, which regularly suppresses anything and anyone that makes them look bad, lied about the virus?

Bloomberg reported:

The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret and declined to detail its contents. But the thrust, they said, is that China’s public reporting on cases and deaths is intentionally incomplete. Two of the officials said the report concludes that China’s numbers are fake.

The outbreak began in China’s Hubei province in late 2019, but the country has publicly reported only about 82,000 cases and 3,300 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. That compares to more than 189,000 cases and more than 4,000 deaths in the U.S., which has the largest publicly reported outbreak in the world.

Dr. Deborah Birx, a member of the Coronavirus Task Force, admitted as much at the press briefing on Tuesday

Deborah Birx, the State Department immunologist advising the White House on its response to the outbreak, said Tuesday that China’s public reporting influenced assumptions elsewhere in the world about the nature of the virus.

“The medical community made — interpreted the Chinese data as: This was serious, but smaller than anyone expected,” she said at a news conference on Tuesday. “Because I think probably we were missing a significant amount of the data, now that what we see happened to Italy and see what happened to Spain.”

What else has China lied about? Leslie, who has been an absolute star since the virus first appeared in Wuhan, blogged about a study in mid-February from Chinese researchers, who believe the virus originated in a laboratory.

In early February, Leslie noted in her daily post the crematoriums in Wuhan burned “bodies 24/7.”

Leslie also blogged in mid-March about a report that claimed China destroyed evidence of the coronavirus in December.

Vijeta has been following the Iranian Wuhan coronavirus outbreak. He has noted that the regime has also downplayed the pandemic and given out false numbers.

Intelligence officials also believe Russia, Indonesia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt have downplayed their coronavirus numbers.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has demanded transparency from every country:

U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has publicly urged China and other nations to be transparent about their outbreaks. He has repeatedly accused China of covering up the extent of the problem and being slow to share information, especially in the weeks after the virus first emerged, and blocking offers of help from American experts.

“This data set matters,” he said at a news conference in Washington on Tuesday. The development of medical therapies and public-health measures to combat the virus “so that we can save lives depends on the ability to have confidence and information about what has actually transpired,” he said.

“I would urge every nation: Do your best to collect the data. Do your best to share that information,” he said. “We’re doing that.”

In conclusion, the MSM and the left have got to stop saying the U.S. leads in any category concerning coronavirus. If they must say it then use an asterisk. Is it more proof that they just want to make President Donald Trump look bad? I think so.

Why would anyone believe anything that comes from the Chinese communist regime? Not just about the Wuhan coronavirus. I mean everything.

Attachments

• C85EBDA0-D25C-4E74-A0A7-8ADCCD41F54B.jpeg
    C85EBDA0-D25C-4E74-A0A7-8ADCCD41F54B.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 76

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Traffic is gone, gas is affordable. Bills extended.
Kids are at home with their families.
Parents are home taking care of their children.
Fast food replaced by home cooked meals.
Hectic schedules replaced by naps.
Air seems cleaner and the world quieter.
People are conscious about hygiene and health again.
We finally listen to authorities and head home when they say so.
Money doesn't seem to make the world go round anymore.
And we now have time, finally, to stop and smell the roses.

And lastly, we become closer to God more evidently praising Him everyday of our lives.
It seems like this covid-19 is a reset button for humanity.

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Traffic is gone, gas is affordable. Bills extended.
Kids are at home with their families.
Parents are home taking care of their children.
Fast food replaced by home cooked meals.
Hectic schedules replaced by naps.
Air seems cleaner and the world quieter.
People are conscious about hygiene and health again.
We finally listen to authorities and head home when they say so.
Money doesn't seem to make the world go round anymore.
And we now have time, finally, to stop and smell the roses.

And lastly, we become closer to God more evidently praising Him everyday of our lives.
It seems like this covid-19 is a reset button for humanity.

God's got this.....
"there are no mistakes in God's world, not one......."
He has a plan, I don't know what, why, or how it goes....but it will go exactly as He prescribes......

I'm grateful for all you mentioned PG! Truly wonderful, but I realize the "human animal" isn't easily tamed.....I don't see most of what you mentioned being permeant....no matter how nice it would be. Thanks for all the posts and info...

God bless you and yours!
Tony

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Our County has its first virus case.

Our County and the adjacent Counties have issued stay at home orders. Not anything different than I’m already doing though.

My only activity besides reading is banning spammers and all I need is my computer and the FF Ban Hammer!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't got an update on our county's cases today but the County Judge issued a "stay at home/stay safe " order for the county. We've been doing that for almost three weeks already so it doesn't make much difference for us.

My wife did make a run in to town today to take care of some paper work things and stopped at Cowburners to get me my wings. Darn, they were good. She also picked up some brisket, sausage and pulled pork. We're good for lunches for a while.

She also went to the grocery store this evening but didn't go in as she said that it was so busy with so many people that she didn't feel comfortable. We may need to try the "old people" shopping hour tomorrow or the day after.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't got an update on our county's cases today but the County Judge issued a "stay at home/stay safe " order for the county. We've been doing that for almost three weeks already so it doesn't make much difference for us.

My wife did make a run in to town today to take care of some paper work things and stopped at Cowburners to get me my wings. Darn, they were good. She also picked up some brisket, sausage and pulled pork. We're good for lunches for a while.

She also went to the grocery store this evening but didn't go in as she said that it was so busy with so many people that she didn't feel comfortable. We may need to try the "old people" shopping hour tomorrow or the day after.

The map shows you’re still at one.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

I’ve found that early morning isn’t crowded here.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The official count yesterday was two with 14 under observation. That 14 may be the New Yorkers in isolation at their "retreat" just down the road from me. I hope that they are physically and mentally detoxed and destressed by now because they are going to be here for a while.

We've already been on voluntary shutdown for almost three weeks and it wouldn't be too bad if it would just stop raining so I could get outside and piddle. Now we're on official shutdown for God knows how long.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The official count yesterday was two with 14 under observation.

Both numbers are correct :hammer:

The State site is by victims residence the other number probably the number actually in the Wood County Hospital. The second could be one of your yankees.

The trouble with any stats is first it’s rapidly changing and second there’s no common way to count.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sad situation up here. We don't have anywhere near the number of cases as the states but that could quickly change.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...uation-at-least-600-nursing-retirement-homes/

Well nothing good is going to come from that story.

To make matters worse, I've been seeing that Italy, the nation with the oldest population, is dramatically UNDERreporting its mortality numbers. And not on purpose, but its just the way they record their data. According to the news reports I saw, Italy only reports Covid19 deaths if someone was previously diagnosed with the disease. But if someone dies in their home, undiagnosed, they are not considered to have had it because no test is taken to confirm cause of death.

So we now know that China dramatically under reported. It appears that Italy may inadvertently be under reporting. All nations show a correlation between advanced age and mortality. If 600 retirement homes in Canada are infected then I don't even want to start doing the math on the outcome.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly. And it's only going to get worse as all these spring break millennials returned home from a week of partying to infect everyone else around them. Florida should have instituted a stay at home order weeks ago to prevent the spread during spring break.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly. And it's only going to get worse as all these spring break millennials returned home from a week of partying to infect everyone else around them. Florida should have instituted a stay at home order weeks ago to prevent the spread during spring break.

Exactly, the schools were closed to prevent the spread. But what did the little bastards do? Go to spring break early and party longer with places like Florida and Mexico fanning the flames.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Exactly, the schools were closed to prevent the spread. But what did the little bastards do? Go to spring break early and party longer with places like Florida and Mexico fanning the flames.

That governor of Florida, a Republican, should have taken the bull by the horns and sent all those little bastards home. Too late now. He has been a day late and a dollar short in all this since day one. As much as I despise that baby murdering commie bastard Governor of New York, he has done a better job than DeSantis, IMHO.

Now they are thinking the Super Bowl of Feb. 2 was the catalyst for all this down there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up until a few days ago we didn't have any cases here. Now we have 9 confirmed cases. We knew it was just a matter of time.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I found the following online. Some interesting points.

"Something to ponder about..[emoji848]

Wuhan to Shanghai = 839 km
Wuhan to Beijing = 1152 km
Milan from Wuhan = 15000 km
Wuhan to New York = 15000 km
* No effect of corona in nearby Beijing / Shanghai *
But deaths in Italy, Iran, Europe countries and ruining the world economy
* All business areas of China are safe *
Something is fishy.
* America is not just blaming China without a reason. * Even today, India is locked down, but all the cities of China are open and from April 8, China has also announced the opening of Wuhan. Not a single leader has contacted
Corona virus. The virus has ruined the economy around the world, thousands have lost their lives, millions have got this disease and countless people have been locked in homes, many countries have been locked down.
However, the corona virus originated from the city of Wuhan in China, and has now reached every corner of the world, but the virus did not reach the capital of Beijing and the economic capital of Shanghai located near Wuhan itself.
Today Paris is closed, New York is closed, Berlin is closed, Delhi is closed, Mumbai is closed, Tokyo is closed, the world's major economic and political centers are closed, but Beijing and Shanghai are open, there Corona No effect was seen. Only a few cases came out, but the virus had no effect on Beijing and Shanghai.

Beijing is the city where all the leaders of China live including their military leaders but there is no lock down in Beijing.
Shanghai is the city that runs China's economy, it is the economic capital of China, where all the rich people of China live, run the industry & there is no lock down here, there is no effect of corona here.

Beijing and Shanghai are the areas adjoining Wuhan, the virus from Wuhan reached every corner of the world, but this virus did not effect Beijing & Shanghai.

Another big thing is that the worldwide share market has fallen by almost half, in India also the Nifty has gone from 12 thousand to 7 thousand, but the share market of China was at 3000 & just dropped to 2700.

It only indicates one thing that the corona is the bio-chemical weapon of China, which China used for carrying out destruction in the world. China has now put this virus under control, maybe they also have the antidote/vaccine that they are not sharing with the world.
Hollywood star, Australia's home minister, Britain's health minister, Spain's prime minister's wife and now even Britain's Prince Charles has been hit by corona, but NOT a single leader in China. Corona has not even touched a single military commander."

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to Walmart earlier.
The store is stocked, yes even tp.
Thing is, it's one cart/one person per.
No kids, no newborns for now.
You must enter the store alone.
The grocery side was open, the other side was blocked off with carts and yellow tape.
The social distancing stickers were on the floor throughout.
People were obeying, including yours truly.

20200402_200240.jpg

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Post # 715 is pretty intriguing!! Maybe Trump needs to bring this up to the WHO and the UN!!
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Post # 715 is pretty intriguing!! Maybe Trump needs to bring this up to the WHO and the UN!!
Mike

Actually WHO is an instrument of Chinese propaganda but that being said, post 715 is very inaccurate on several points. Beijing did go on lockdown and business areas in China were closed, while production and shipments of goods collapses. Its even been reported by members here that ships coming into our harbors from China have become a rare sight. Numerous media sources have reported that retail store shortages are expected in early April, which would make sense if the ships are not coming into port!

Here is just one of error from Post 715:

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-...prompts-beijing-residential-lockdown-millions

Coronavirus prompts Beijing residential lockdown as millions return to work
Beijing has stepped up efforts to combat coronavirus as millions return to the capital after Lunar New Year holiday

The city, which is home to more than 20 million people, has reported more than 330 confirmed virus infections to date.

Frank Tang in Beijing
Published: 6:30pm, 10 Feb, 2020

China’s capital Beijing has escalated measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus by ordering residential communities and villages to limit access for outsiders, as millions of workers return to the megacity after prolonged holidays.

In a 10-point circular published on Sunday, Beijing’s municipal authority ordered that check points be established to examine body temperatures and only residents’ vehicles be allowed into each community. A complete lockdown could be imposed on the area if a confirmed coronavirus case was discovered.

“As our city is facing the peak period of returning population, epidemic prevention is now at a critical stage,” the circular said.

Beijing is one of China’s most at-risk cities from the coronavirus outbreak ...​
As is my posting practice, full story is at the link above!

And as for Shaghai not being affected ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ome-coronavirus-ghost-town-column/4786720002/

Coronavirus ghost town: Shanghai has changed since the outbreak
The streets are almost empty. Roped-off playgrounds gather dust instead of giggles. Aside from grocery stores and emergency facilities, virtually nothing is open.

7:00 a.m. ET, Feb 18, 2020

The Shanghai I live in now is not the same city I moved to with my family last summer, before the COVID-19 outbreak. I loved watching poker-faced grannies dancing in synchrony on street corners, dodging swarms of scooters on my bike as hundreds of delivery drivers hurried through the street to satisfy ravenous online consumption, and taking the second longest subway system on earth to more restaurants, cafes and museums than I could visit in a lifetime.

But then COVID-19, caused by a member of the coronavirus family that’s a close cousin to the SARS and MERS viruses that have caused outbreaks in the past, enveloped us in an invisible fog. Shanghai and the public life that flowed through its concrete veins disappeared. Old Shanghai shopped; new Shanghai stopped.

It is now the world's biggest ghost town, haunted by 26 million fearful souls wearing surgical masks. The streets are almost empty. Roped-off playgrounds gather dust instead of giggles. Aside from grocery stores and emergency facilities, virtually nothing is open. We stay at home following safety protocols: mandatory masks in public, no visitors or deliveries, 3 feet of separation at all times and hand sanitizer, constantly.

Before the virus, elbowing dozens of eager grandparents every day to take my son to kindergarten in a joyous kind of Shanghainese chaos made me feel like a local. After school we would take bikes, trains or buses to shopping mall playrooms, playgrounds packed with kids climbing up slides, Montessori and gymnastics classes or museums.

Now my son stays home, all the time. Instead of school, we have TikTok toddler classes. We read books, watch Netflix (if our network allows), build Legos, make up songs, anything to resist making every day the same. We still go outside, but only when protected by surgical masks and suspicion of the faceless passersby who used to be our neighbors. They might be super-spreaders. We’re told to avoid crowds, but that’s easy — there aren’t any. Roughly 3,000 people live in my complex; I see five or six a day.

This new Shanghai is a place filled with dread and vulnerability...

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And now it looks like the other foot falls.

We are seeing the 2nd wave hitting Asia. Going back to the Spanish Flu in 1918, it was the 2nd wave that was the most brutal and killed the most people. We are better prepared now for a 2nd wave. We knew it was coming. Medicines are better as is texting. Vaccines are in progress too. So hopefully the 2nd wave of Covid will come and go with less grief??? Hopefully.

The economic damage is going to be severe and there are now fears of suicide and civil unrest.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ng-lockdown-combat-asias-second-wave-covid-19

In Major Reversal, Singapore Imposes Month-Long Lockdown As Asia Faces "Second Wave" Of COVID-19

: Live Updates

... After the global number of confirmed coronavirus cases topped 1 million on Thursday, several Asian territories and countries, including Singapore and Hong Kong, are struggling with a second wave of COVID-19 cases that health officials claim is mostly travel-related. As we reported a few days back, China has reimposed lockdowns as begins to disclose "asymptomatic" cases that government functionaries explained were left out of China's initial case totals.

Professor Gabriel Leung, an epidemiologist at the University of Hong Kong, warned on Friday that the pandemic would likely last a few more months, even if heavy-handed prevention strategies are adopted. He also said the warmer weather would give the world no respite from the virus: "Is warmer weather going to give us some respite? The answer is maybe, but probably not,” ...

... One major change that could foreshadow a similar move by the White House: The Singaporean government is now advising citizens to wear facemasks in public...

... Singaporeans will need to continue sharing all their cell phone location data with the government as part of a sweeping program of monitoring and contract tracing ...

... Additionally, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan have barred foreigners from entering in recent days. Meanwhile, Japan has barred visitors from dozens of countries, including South Korea and the US. South Korea is mandating that foreign visitors spend 14-days in a government lockdown facility...

Experts Fear 'Suicide Wave' As The Social Fabric Of America Becomes "Unstitched"

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/a...-rough-shape-job-loss-could-lead-suicide-wave

Millions of Americans have just lost their jobs in the last several weeks due to the COVID-19 outbreak shutting down large swaths of the US economy. Households are coming under severe financial stress, with no savings, insurmountable debts, and job loss. Many are waiting for President Trump’s stimulus check to arrive in the mail, some have skipped out on their rent or mortgage payments on April 1, and others have called their credit card companies to defer debt servicing payments as incomes for tens of millions of people have gone to zero.

The panic buying of food and supplies over the last month shows just how many people were unprepared for a national health crisis, nevertheless, now developing into an economic crash, and soon could be followed by a period of social unrest.

But before the social fabric of America becomes unstitched – households are to crack first. Their finances are piss-poor, with no savings and insurmountable debts, which include auto, credit cards, and student loans.

At the beginning of March, we noted how the gig-economy was about to crash, and by looking at the employment data that has come out since, along with future estimates, it’s pointing to an economic depression that could be arriving as soon as the second quarter.

Households are in rough shape. Many people are heavily medicated, own weapons, and have some sort of substance use disorder, suggesting that in periods of extreme financial stress – suicides could increase.

What’s concerning is that a suicide wave among low-income folks, who are already feeling the side effects of job loss, could be imminent.

President Trump warned in the last week of March that nationwide lockdowns must be reversed to prevent “tremendous death” from the economic depression, referring to the likely increase of suicides.

The 2008 Great Recession resulted in more than 10,000 suicides. The Great Depression resulted in tens of thousands of people taking their own lives.

...households are crushed, have no money and or job, and that is likely why President Trump signed an executive order last Friday to call up as many as one million National Guard and reservists – not just to fight the virus outbreak – but to maintain social order.