• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shipping a Yukon from PNS to PDX

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
In-laws want to give my daughter their GMC Yukon, I need to get it shipped from Pensacola, Florida to Portland, Oregon.

Anyone have a shipping company they recommend? Or ones they don't recommend?

Or any other advice considering I haven't had to ship a vehicle before.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Pictures of the entire vehicle right before it goes on the trailer, on the trailer before it leaves, before they take it off the trailer at destination, and lastly when they unhook the chain.
In case there is a claim.

If it's an average vehicle, most nationwide car movers are ok.

If the vehicle is very nice and you want it IN a trailer, then Reliable, Covered Wagon, and a few others move expensive and rare cars all the time.

And you might call the covered guys anyway and you may be able to catch a ride on a LTL load at the last minute.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Fred!

Noted: Take tons of pictures.

It's nothing special other than it's free. Just a regular 2002 Yukon with moderate mileage.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's nothing special other than it's free. Just a regular 2002 Yukon with moderate mileage.

Heck, don't put yourself out. I'm in East Texas. I'm a darned sight closer and I don't need it transported. I'll drive and pick it up.

Seriously, Fred's suggestions are GOOD.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Heck, don't put yourself out. I'm in East Texas. I'm a darned sight closer and I don't need it transported. I'll drive and pick it up.

Seriously, Fred's suggestions are GOOD.

Honestly, if I could get someone trust worthy to drive it half way I would meet them and drive the rest.

I've done Vancouver Canada to Orlando in 4.5 days and Orlando to Portland in 3.5 days in the past but I was younger and dumber back then. Paying the transport service seems a lot easier these days. :wink:

We've found some good quotes and the wheels are in motion.