• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Movie about a killer SW 48

redlinenwt

Watched the movie Whitewash last nite
A twisted tale about a man and his SW 48
watch the trailer on you tube , search "Whitewash"
Helps confirm my suspition that tracked machines can have an effect on the mind......!!

Cheers Sam

undy

Snowcats don't kill people. People in Snowcats kill people.

Well, that's just what I've heard. But I seen pitchers...

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bombardier sidewalk snow plows actually are responsable for quite a number of deaths. Kids build snow forts in snow banks and get cut in two. If you have ever lived in an area that used SWD's and seen them in action, it's easy to see what and how it comes about. It ends up in the paper about every third year. The operators talk about how many bikes, and trikes they have cut in two every season or how many fenders they peeled off VW's. If something gets buried in the snow bank by the Street snow plow, then the Sidewalk snow plow comes along and has to cut perpendicularly thru the big bank formed by the Street plow,.....
According to the guys with the town Road Department you need one SWD for every 200 miles of sidewalk you have to plow. Buffalo, NY runs a fleet of roughly 220 machines. They could tell you all about it. My home town in Mass only had 2 SWD's, but a near by larger town had 30 to 50 machines. More machines, more accidents.
The preview looked pretty gruesom.
Seeing Sidewalk snow plows in action is what led me to buying my first J5.
They are Awesome in action!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I searched around YouTube and didn't find any really good SW48 in action. When equiped with the butterfly "V" plow, in new light fluffy snow they will scoot right along and throw up some impressive "Rostertails" or Plumes. If you've seen one in action, it's something you wouldn't forget.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I was at an un-named airforce base that had a snowblast operator that didn't pay much attention. Some folks placed a bag of red dye in his path with a marker that should have caused a 'hard stop' he about had a heart attack when the red snow flew out the chute.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the real thing did happen on EAFB in anchorage, a kid tunneling in the snow was chewed up. after another one chewed up a generals Winnebago they made some one walk as a ground guide in front of the Oshkosh snow blowers.