• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Democrat "Target" maps worse then Palin's

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I love it when people exercise strong Google-fu . . .

(The interesting thing is that Sarah Palin's "targets" look more like the registration marks that are used in printing than the cross hairs of a scope . . . the same can't be said of the Democratic targets)

http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647

Memo to Paul Krugman and Rep. Van Hollen: My Search Was Not in Vain (Updated)

John on March 31, 2010 at 8:37 am
In last Thursday’s column, Paul Krugman admitted to having fun watching “right-wingers go wild.” One of the things that apparently delighted him was this map which Sarah Palin posted on her Facebook page:

Each of the cross-hairs represents a Democrat from a conservative district who voted in favor of health reform. Immediately after highlighting the map, Krugman wrote:
All of this goes far beyond politics as usual…you’ll search in vain for anything comparably menacing, anything that even hinted at an appeal to violence, from members of Congress, let alone senior party officials….to find anything like what we’re seeing now you have to go back to the last time a Democrat was president.
Really, Paul? I’ll search in vain?

The map appears on this page of the Democratic Leadership Committee website (dated 2004 during the Bush years). I guess we could argue over whether the DLC counts as “senior party officials” but they’re certainly as much a part of the party as Palin who, after all, currently holds no elected office.
Granted these are bulls-eyes instead of gun-sights, and the targets are states not individual congressmen. But we’re really splitting hairs at this point. This map and the language it uses (Behind enemy lines!) are, if anything, more militant than what Palin used in her Facebook posting.
But wait, there’s more!
When Palin’s map became an issue, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, leader of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), rushed on MSNBC to denounce it, telling Chris Matthews:
I really think that that is crossing a line…In this particular environment I think it’s really dangerous to try and make your point in that particular way because there are people who are taking that kind of thing seriously.
Really, Chris? So what do you think about this map?

Each one of those red targets represents a “Targeted Republican” like this one:
DCCC-targeted-republican.jpg

There’s even a helpful legend that makes it clear that’s precisely what the little red targets represent:
DCCC-map-legend.jpg

You’ll never guess where I found this map. That’s right, it’s on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) website. They launched the site and the map on February 23rd of this last year, making it just over a month year old. And yet Van Hollen was quoted by Politico just today denouncing Republicans for “pouring more and more gasoline on the flames.” Right back at you, pal.
Rep. Van Hollen used MSNBC to claim Palin’s map was dangerous. In fact, the website of the organization he runs has a nearly identical map. Rep. Van Hollen should be asked to explain the differences between the two maps. Specifically, what makes Palin’s map “dangerous” and his map not so much?
Paul Krugman used the megaphone of the NY Times to state that Palin’s Facebook map went “far beyond politics as usual.” He further claimed, “you will search in vain for anything comparably menacing…from members of Congress.” Notice he didn’t say it was hard to find or rare. He said, in effect, that it didn’t exist. But since my search was not in vain, the Times should issue a correction noting that Krugman got it wrong.
Addendum: Big Jim at Gateway Pundit has dug up the ladies of the view discussing Palin’s map. Joy Behar says it looks like an “Al Qaeda Christmas card…” Will she have any similar comments for the DCCC?
Also, my earlier post debunking the rest of Krugman’s claims in the same column is here.
Correction: The map on the DCCC site was posted last February not this February. Democrats have had a full year to become outraged over this and somehow never did.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Never let a crisis go to waste! Sound familiar? They have no compassion and can't get beyond the electioneering no matter how grave the situation. The media feeds on it like sharks and the politicians look at it as what can be gained from it. It is a convenient distraction from having to face the music about our fiscal crisis.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leftwingnut website the Daily Kos has scrubbed this off their site, but not before the screenshot was saved.

Seems that the liberal left was pretty upset with Congresswoman Giffords.

Picture2-2.png

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder if the shireff will bring this up in his talk of hate speech ????

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to remember when Polosi and her tribe marched acrost to vote and it was widely reported that they were called niger and spit on....yet when a large reward was offered for evidence of the acts.......none could be brought forward.......with all the recorders and cams and tv crews a person would think something would show up.....or all them just race-baters and liers?

Just saying