• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac trailer SKis

akimp

So I just finished my skis to go on my atv trailer. Some 3/4 " square stock and 1/2 " UHMW for the bottom. It slides very well but thinking some cheap carbides on the bottom could save my bacon on a side hill.

Attachments

• image (8).jpeg
    image (8).jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 208
  • image (7).jpeg
    image (7).jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 212
  • image (9).jpeg
    image (9).jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 241

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the place i got my ski trailer at had skis like that and they pulled off on side hills from sliding.
jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup some good carbide skags would make it trail straight and true.

Looks pretty good other wise. Nice addition to have.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I made a sled with skis like that once. I used some 1 x1 uhmw for a wear bar and bolted in an old snow machine carbide skag at the rear of one side it worked great the wear bars worked like a keel in the soft snow the carbide helped control it in icy conditions I never had to replace the plastic I made the main skis out of

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
this is the setup that worked the best for rentals.
you jack up the trailer and pull the pins lower the skis on the swivel and replace the pins.
that is me in front.
DSC00854.jpg

the ski mount on each end of the ski runs over to the other ski