• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Getting Married!

MichelleV

Hello everyone,

I am new to forums and unfamiliar as to what I should write about. I am getting married next year and was wondering if anyone has some fun and creative ways on how to make a wedding fun! Any good game or entertainment suggestions?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
First of all, Welcome.

Secondly, you may experience a long period of pregnant silence as if you just announced that topic at the local feed store. That said;;;;;

There are plenty of ladies here to offer suggestions, let us hope we don't lose a promising newbie because some of our guys are still figerin' out why you are here.

Leni, Mama, get in here please.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, first of all... are you getting married because you want to or because she has compromising photos of you and that goat???

Leni

First of all where is the wedding being held? What time of year? What is the age group that will be attending? Is it going to be a big affair or more moderate?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, first of all... are you getting married because you want to or because she has compromising photos of you and that goat???
Hey, dummy! Look at the name again...MICHELLE, not MICHAEL!:hammer::yum::yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
First of all where is the wedding being held? What time of year? What is the age group that will be attending? Is it going to be a big affair or more moderate?
Someone is going to have a "BIG AFFAIR" at the wedding??? Hope someone gets video.:w00t2:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Somehow I don't see this thread playing out well for the newbie. Don't want to run her off, but with all these crazy old farts here, it can't see it come out well.

Welcome, MichelleV. I hope you have a good coat of armor...it can get rough around here.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, dummy! Look at the name again...MICHELLE, not MICHAEL!:hammer::yum::yum::yum:
Oh yeah, sorry about that. Hey Michelle, are you getting married because you want to or because he has compromising photos of you and that goat? :flowers:

Mama

Welcome Michelle! Ignore the crazy old farts....they sound scary sometimes but they're really harmless.

Give us a little more information about the wedding and I'm sure we'll be able to come up with some ideas.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello everyone,

I am new to forums and unfamiliar as to what I should write about. I am getting married next year and was wondering if anyone has some fun and creative ways on how to make a wedding fun! Any good game or entertainment suggestions?
Welcome to FF. It has been 37 years and I still say going to the JP was the smartest thing we ever did. If you have to have a wedding plan on lots of liquor and get somebody sober to take pics. That way you will know who not to invite to anniversary celebrations.:w00t2:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Dragonfly Lady and I have been married for 43 years but I can't really give you any ideas about how to make the ceremony
fun. Everything was taken care of while I was otherwise occupied in Vietnam! :w00t2:

Later, if you have questions about how to make the marriage last, several of the folks on here can give you - well, not
tips necessarily, but the things that have worked for us.

BTW, welcome aboard!! :clap:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, sorry about that. Hey Michelle, are you getting married because you want to or because he has compromising photos of you and that goat? :flowers:
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum: I think I just pissed my pants laughingl:yum::yum::yum:

Just for the record, I don't think she's coming back. Too many nut cases here.

I vaguely remember my wedding of 41 years ago. Some of the groomsmen said something about a bridesmaid, and alley and a train. No friggin idea what they were talking about, but they all had smiles on their faces.

leadarrows

Get a prenuptial is my advise. I am facing losing the family farm now because after 19 years of marriage my wife has decided to cash out. Land prices are up here so she is trying to force a sell of the farm to get the money. She could care less about the farm she just sees $$$ signs.

This advise works both ways. Some guys are just as bad so if you have any property or other assets my advise is worry less about making the wedding fun and protect yourself.
We all think it will never happen to us...my wife seemed to be a saint 18 years ago....

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Get a prenuptial is my advise. I am facing losing the family farm now because after 19 years of marriage my wife has decided to cash out. Land prices are up here so she is trying to force a sell of the farm to get the money. She could care less about the farm she just sees $$$ signs.

This advise works both ways. Some guys are just as bad so if you have any property or other assets my advise is worry less about making the wedding fun and protect yourself.
We all think it will never happen to us...my wife seemed to be a saint 18 years ago....

Not exactly a wedding plan but, good advice just the same.

Sorry for your troubles pal

Suni

Family farm being lost to a wicked witch?

Nope. Fight that one... the judge should not let her have the farm, your guns or your dog. If she wants to go, wave bye bye birdie to the witch!

(don't know her, but really, really do not like her tactics)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be in Calgary in a hotel banquet room. Around 150 people. The average age will be about 35.

Get a local garage band, serve Chicken, Pasta Alfredo and broccoli spears. Have an open bar, keep the phone for Police handy and leave early. It is your wedding. Go home and celebrate with the new spouse. Your guests will sort out the rest of the evening as they wish.

All the Aunts and Uncles can argue on the way home how it could have, should have, would have, been done better.
Mom and Dad stay and help clean up. Dad writes a check.

There done!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Get a local garage band, serve Chicken, Pasta Alfredo and broccoli spears. Have an open bar, keep the phone for Police handy and leave early. It is your wedding. Go home and celebrate with the new spouse. Your guests will sort out the rest of the evening as they wish.

All the Aunts and Uncles can argue on the way home how it could have, should have, would have, been done better.
Mom and Dad stay and help clean up. Dad writes a check.

There done!

Good advice and a good summation Franc. Michelle, you'd do well to consider this plan very seriously ... it is a good one!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm getting married next summer as well. August 16th is our date. Got the hall and church booked. Photographer and DJ also taken care of. Meal, cake all done. The missus has her dress. I'm still trying to convince her to let me wear camo. Still a ways to go before the date so hopefully I can wear her down before then. :yum:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I'm getting married next summer as well. August 16th is our date. Got the hall and church booked. Photographer and DJ also taken care of. Meal, cake all done. The missus has her dress. I'm still trying to convince her to let me wear camo. Still a ways to go before the date so hopefully I can wear her down before then. :yum:

Well a white tux can be concidered "Arctic Camo" for winter work...:whistling:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Hello everyone,

Well I hope everything goes well for you and the "Other guy", Congratulations and hope it is all you dreamed it will be!

:flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
At risk of hyjacking this older thread, we are now just over three months away from the wedding. We have most arrangements made. Got the honeymoon booked. We took a full day marriage prep course today with ten other couples. Was a very nice day with several different people talking about different subjects. The day ended with a candlelight dinner.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Less then 7 weeks away from the wedding. Plans are coming along nicely. The girls are doing their thing today going through decorations and stuff.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Less then 7 weeks away from the wedding. Plans are coming along nicely. The girls are doing their thing today going through decorations and stuff.

It's been 35 years since I went through it so I can't offer any insight.

I do remember however a good friend from Dallas who offered his only daughter (the other 3 were boys) $10,000 if she and her fiancee would only elope to Las Vegas. :yum::yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the justice of peace almost 38 years ago. Whole lot less stress for everybody.:clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're going to have a party. Aiming at 120 people. Getting married in our church then having a reception at a local hotel. The following day we fly out mid afternoon to Charleston SC for the honeymoon. Like I've said in other threads, we are quite involved in our church. So it will be nice to have everyone in our lives there to celebrate with us.