• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

one going up for sale

LarryRB

I have a Bayliner, capri model, with an outboard MercForce 125 HP engine. 19 ft on aluminum trailer,. will need new seats or seat covers,.. Trim- tilt is brand new, water pump and starter, engine is being gone over now.,.. Any ideas for value and what I can ask for it? IT is a 86 model and I am thinking around 5 grand for it.

LarryRB

on the reservoir that we live on, are hundreds of boats, a good share are pontoon boats and the other type boats believe it or not, are mostly these bayliners. I'm not into boats,. I bought this boat knowing it needed work and that work is being completed not.. I'm just not going to re-do the interior...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Larry,
Check out www.boattraderonline.com
Search for the same boat your wanting to sell. It will show you what others are asking for the same boat. The banks also have NADA books on boats, you mighht be able to get an estimated value from the NADA web site. I think that is still free, but I have not used it for more than a year.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I bought a 19' Capri/trailer/125 hp Force new in 89 - paid $9500.
Great family boat!

Price varies by region. Where I live 5K for an '85 in good condition (needing no work) would be a little high, but it might be dead on where you are.

I buy, fix up, and sell 2-3 boats a year, so the following is how I would look at it...doesn't mean it's right though!
If the seat covers need replacing I would see it as an indication the boat was left uncovered. Not a good thing for the hull. A lot of boats built from the late 70's until 1989 had problems with water seeping into the cored hull from the bilge area (due to being uncovered for lengthy periods of time) which turned the balsa/foam core to mush (hopefully not the case with yours).

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully you don't have a terrible dealer in the area who has killed the value of the Bayliner. It is an 'economy' boat to begin with, so most had some issues. We have a local a$shole (Lloyd Burns) who killed their value. He refuses to touch one and berates any customer who even brings one on his lot for service work. The local asshole (Lloyd Burns) is one of the larger boat dealers and gets most service work and the Bayliner dealer is in Louisville, I think. Anyway, I didn't want to mention any names (Lloyd Burns), but our local boat dealer would tell you that you're best to sink it or set it on fire.

I used to live next door to the big boat dealer who will remain un-named (Lloyd Burns), and he would have been arrested for battery against a minor when I was in high school if I didn't beat this un-named person (Lloyd Burns) until he $hit his pants and cried like a girl. This un-named person (Lloyd Burns) wanted to prosecute me because he missed a month of work except there were about 20 people who saw him drag me out of the window of my car and slap me. The police said that this person I won't name (Lloyd Burns) got what he deserved.

Anyway, this person I won't name has managed to kill the value of a Bayliner in my area.

LarryRB

no dealers around me.. I got this boat in an unusual way... I'll have about 2900 in it at the end, so even 3500 I will take for it... The hull was checked and is fine. The hydraulics were crap,and replaced with new, engine needed some work, which is almost done, and yes, the cover got ripped and torn and no one wanted to fix it or do anything about it... As I said, I'm not into boats but still live on a reservoir that has hundreds of them each weekend. Only thing I've learned is city people who visit on the weekends and come with their ski doo type machines, enjoy hurting the wild geese, A few weeks ago I aimed my 22 cal rifle at one guy after he screamed through the flock and laughed about it.. If there wasn't so many witnesses abound, I am sure I would have aimed for his engine..... There's just no need of this going on....

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
If you were in my area and started around $4500 it would get people looking and interested - and you can always come down.