• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Plugged cased well ?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Wasn,t sure where to post this but I need some advice . We have 2 cased wells one for the house & one for watering & supplying water to our big building for the bathroom & game room . It is also used as a disposal well for the heat pump/air conditioning for our house during the winter months in the warmer months I switch it over to use for watering purposes .

The other day I went to use the hydrant off of that well for watering & noticed water coming out of the top of the casing . I thought maybe a line from the pump broke or something . After pulling the top off I noticed the heat pump was running into it & causing the casing to overflow .

I,m guessing the years of use as a disposal well has plugged all or most of the holes in the casing itself . Does anyone know how they could be cleared out ? It will still pump water some but after 5 minutes or so it starts sucking air . Are my only options puttind down 2 new wells one for pumping & one for disposal or do I have any other options . Thanks for any input in advance . The wells right around 40 foot deep . :unsure: Bob

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would think you have probably pumped all the sediment from your main well over to the dump well and filled the casing full of debris. If it is only 40 ft. I would pull the pump and use a trash pump to suck it down and then have a fire co flush it out with a 2" hose. Is the pump submersible in the dump well?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I would think you have probably pumped all the sediment from your main well over to the dump well and filled the casing full of debris. If it is only 40 ft. I would pull the pump and use a trash pump to suck it down and then have a fire co flush it out with a 2" hose. Is the pump submersible in the dump well?

Thanks Bill , Yes its a submersible pump as well , The incoming water is filtered perty good before the heat pum so what being dumped should,nt be that much if any . I was thinking that it was more from keeping the water in the well stirred up that was causing it , but You could be right . Good ideas on the trash pump & the fire truck to flush it . I never would have thought of that .

I shut off the dump pipe & running sprinklers with it untill I figure out where to run it before next winter . Also I ran the pump for a longer period last nite & never sucked air , So I,ll keep trying it & see if it might posablly clear up . If worse comes to worse it should supply enough water to the building no more then its used .

I,m thinking now I might just trench from the dump line out to my pond As well as run a new bigger waterline out for filling the pond when its a dryspell & to also Airate it . Then just put me down a bigger & deeper cased well with a 1hp or 1-1/2hp pump in it put several hydrants on it fow Sprinklers everywhere & just put it on a on & off switch so I dont have to use a tank . Should be easy puttin down the casing for the well as its perty sandy . Any thoughts on that .

Thanks , Must not be very many do it Yerselfers here :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You sure don't need more than a 1/2 hp pump for anything under 250 ft. deep. You run into real bucks going bigger and have to add capacitors and heavy wire. If you can run it to your pond that is the route I would go. The other well may straighten out if you are not dumping into it and stirring it up. Do you use the ground water for a/c or do you have an air to air condenser?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
You sure don't need more than a 1/2 hp pump for anything under 250 ft. deep. You run into real bucks going bigger and have to add capacitors and heavy wire. If you can run it to your pond that is the route I would go. The other well may straighten out if you are not dumping into it and stirring it up. Do you use the ground water for a/c or do you have an air to air condenser?

I,m not real sure what you would call the unit in the house Bill . Its all in one deal central unit thats tied into the ductwork , heat & air & they both use the water to run it . Its a fairlly old unit so I,d say its nothing fancy like these days If I hadto guess I,d say 25 years old or so .

The Heatpump in Our big shop that has the bathroom , kitchen, game room is total electric , also a used older model I installed myself . Its also ducted & even helps heat the 30x 40 shop .

Main reason I was thinking about going with a 1 horse pump is I,d like to run a 2 inch supply line to the pond for when I need it & to airate it as well as being able to run all of the sprinklers . I,ve done that before on another property & it worked well & allowed me to keep the pond stocked with fish year around . The Pond I,m still working on here isn,t quite that far along yet or near as deep . But I,m still working on it . Dont know if that helps or to much information , But I appreciate Your input . Thanks Bob