• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2 ft I-tiss

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know how boat owners go through what is commonly called 2 ft I-tiss where you constantly want a boat just 2 foot bigger, then in a couple more years you want to go 2 ft more etc. etc.

Well we didn't just move up 2 feet, we moved up 25 ft. Yep, we purchased a 50ft houseboat. This means new docking space, and lots of changes but we are happily looking forward to an enjoyable summer.

Here are a couple of pics:

Attachments

• Houseboat_gibson50r.jpg
    Houseboat_gibson50r.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Cockpit_ViewFromSteeringWheel.jpg
    Cockpit_ViewFromSteeringWheel.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 129
  • DrivingStation1.jpg
    DrivingStation1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 127

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No wonder you ain't got no %#&$%$ time!

Way to go Doc ............... :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Darn, I think your onto me BD! :eek:

I'm actually looking for mobile internet options for nights I spend on the boat. I know, that's sick isn't it? :eek:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That's nice...........

Now, the electrical wiring job on the dock, well..........

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great Doc!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb: Where am I supposed to dock my boat when I come visit now?????:moon:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's nice...........

Now, the electrical wiring job on the dock, well..........

I'm amazed you even see the wiring (that pic is so blury). That picture was taken from our temporary docking spot. It's temporary because the wiring, water and docks are not in place yet. Even the ramp to get to the docks was not complete when I took that pic. The wiring and dock setup will get better.

MB, I got plenty of dock space. I have 1100 feet of river frontage, plus I'm a member of a yacht club where I'm keeping the houseboat. We have space for visitors. Now ...for you to get there by water, that would be a trick. :D

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well we didn't just move up 2 feet, we moved up 25 ft. Yep, we purchased a 50ft houseboat.

I'm a little worried about a few years from now when you decide to upgrade again. 100 ft??????????

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
That looks like it is a clean, well cared for boat. Now all you need is the girls in bikinis.

ps - we want pix when you get them.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Cool Doc!!!:thumb:

We always thought it would be fun to live part time on a houseboat on a large lake such as Flathead in western Montana. We will be envying you and the fun you are going to have.
Now the party can go on 24/7.....:yum: :boobies: :coolshade nonstop.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks like it is a clean, well cared for boat.

Yeah, really well cared for. It was owned by a riverboat captian until two years ago. The boat has been detailed to the max. Even the engine compartment has been waxed. The bathroom even has a tub in it. :eek: (most houseboats do good to have a small stand up shower).

Don't think I posted the stats above so .....
It has two Crusader 350 HP engines (7.4L aka 454 big block).
Two 80 gallon fuel tanks.
1 and 1/2 baths.
1 queen size and 2 full size beds always made up ....no need to fold down a table or fold out a couch.
And space galore!!!!! :D

I'll get a pic or two of the engine compartment this weekend to show off on here. :D

Best of all, we still have the Baja if / when the need for speed hits us. :D

Now all you need is the girls in bikinis.

ps - we want pix when you get them.

:yum: You got that right. :D My brother already suggested we offer to give the hawaiian tropic girls a ride to the Island when they are in town this year. (It's a yearly event here ....and last year they couldn't find a boat with enough room for them.....so maybe there is a chance.)

...anyone want to ride along. :beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool Doc!!!:thumb:

We always thought it would be fun to live part time on a houseboat on a large lake such as Flathead in western Montana. We will be envying you and the fun you are going to have.
Now the party can go on 24/7.....:yum: :boobies: :coolshade nonstop.

Here here!!! :beer: I like the way you think!!! :D :beer: :1062: :boobies: