• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Homemade Soup

Fairygirl

My boyfriend is making some homemade soup. Ingredients: distilled water, tomatoes, potatoes, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, garlic powder, and Celtic sea salt. Yum! :biggrin:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
My boyfriend is making some homemade soup. Ingredients: distilled water, tomatoes, potatoes, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, garlic powder, and Celtic sea salt. Yum! :biggrin:

That's sounds like a pretty good start! What kind of meat is going in it?

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
What the heck is that? Explain yourself :yum:
It was first thought of back before the dinosours and was the result of a hunter who spent his time getting high instead of hunting for 4-legged food. So he came home empty handed and very hungry.

Fairygirl

Yeah, my boyfriend is vegan, so there will be no meat in his soup. It is really good soup :)...but I'm sure one could add meat if desired

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
So he drives a Chevy Vega that doesn't mean he can't eat meat
320px-1973_Chevrolet_Vega_GT-Millionth_Vega.jpg
Even Prius drivers eat meat! :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I can appreciate a good homemade soup with veggies right from the garden but I start with meat of some kind and go from there. Although I have started to like veggie stir fry a lot.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, my boyfriend is vegan, so there will be no meat in his soup. It is really good soup :)...but I'm sure one could add meat if desired
How does the base taste?
Knorr vegetable bouillon cubes might lend a richer flavour.. but absolutely more sodium.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
& regular or lo-sodium veggie or tomato juice adds body & depth. or pureed, then sieved very ripe tomato. as lollie said, he may try the knorr boullion. & u can make/buy veggie &/or mushroom stocks. if sodium were an issue, omit the salt & add after cooking. has he used tempeh, portobello chunks, or presses tofu~ added pasta he's precooked, then add to each bowl before ladling soup over it.
u'd be amazed @ the difference.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Come on guys , he's vegan. You know what that means:

"Vegan: Old English word for really bad hunter". :yum:

Seriously Fairygirl, if he can cook, hold on to him. That always was my philosophy with women and it helped me get my wife 33 years ago and I haven't let her go since. :clap::clap:

Umberto

Good, I was looking for a soup thread.

I made this for my church's soup kitchen today. Every Wed. we have soup, bread, and cookies for the homeless and folks that just want a bowl of soup. They also have a mail drop for people without addresses.

Today was my first soup making for this ministry. I made a minestrone added a swede and two turnips = 4 quarts beef broth, 4 potatoes, two cans tomatoes, 2 pounds burger, 4 carrots, 1 cup macaroni, 2 cans red beans, 2 cloves garlic, lots of chopped onions, salt, basil, marjoram, sage, savory, and parsley.

There was some leftover and had a bowl when I got home.

IMG_0831.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0838.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

Thank you. I have to say it was well received and now what to do to equal it for my next offering?

I was thinking goulas soup but not sure how the homeless would react to paprika?:unsure: