• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tomatoe overload!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like it took a long time till many started ripening and now they are coming on fast. We gathered 3 buckets full tonight and took one down to the neighbor lady. We are scalding the skins off and freezing the pulp for later. We put up 3 gallon bags and 1 quart tonight and will do twice that tomorrow. I like the small bags for chili and soups. Most of the big ones are for when she makes up spaghetti sauce during the winter. We should have more than we can use as they are still getting small green ones forming.The pic shows 4 different varieties we grew this year.

Attachments

• farm pis 010.jpg
    farm pis 010.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 19

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know what you mean Bill. I juiced out 6 pecks last night yielding almost 40 quarts.

I cooked down about 20 of the quarts today and made spaghetti sauce. Got 13 quarts cooling down. Back at it again tomorrow to do the other 1/2.

Another couple bushel coming in next week. I'm getting a motor for the strainer...

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
This just shows me that there are people on here that are self sufficient. Good growing there.. That counter full of goodness is plenty sweet to behold.:clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The round thing is the dehydrator to dry some maters for winter treats. Dried apples are all gone as well as last years maters so it is time to fire it up. And I have been waiting like forever for the brownies to be made!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I always put my bread on top of the toaster, and the kleenex on the back of the john.
I know.. off topic lol