• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A true story

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
The Facts:
1) I have a 17 yr old daughter.
2) We have a cat.
3) The above mentioned daughter got a very expensive ring made out of gold and diamonds from an x bf.
4) She loved the ring more than the x b/f.. it was her "status symbol" she wore and cherished.
5) Our bathroom sink has no drain plug, so if it falls in good bye.
6) the above scenario tells you what happened.

What happened:
1) that dang cat jumped up on the sink, and knocked the precious ring down the drain.
2) Said teenage daughter went and "flipped"
3) Dad was less than sympathetic - cuz daughter brought home cat - without authorization.
4) Dad had to listen to daughter cry and carry on about the lost ring.

The outcome:
1) Dad goes and looks in the junk drawer - and finds a spool of craft wire.
2) Takes a 18" piece off.
3) Dad goes and asks daughter for a ring - and places it on his hand - then adjusts the end so it hooks the ring every time he tries to pick it up.
4) Dad gets the "hook" perfect so that it works at every angle.
5) Daughter thinks Dad is nuts (like all 17yr olds) fishing out a lost ring down the drain.. but in less than a minute, I caught something. Pulled the ring out - and walked into her room - and said: "what is this?"
6) The look on her face is something I'll never forget!
And the hug I got told me: "Dad you are amazing."

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
What we will do for our daughters. I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't have ever melted for me but he sure did for my sisters.

Trakternut

Good job Dad!
I'd have pulled the trap off and dumped it into an icecream pail, myself. You got the job done though.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
What we will do for our daughters. I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't have ever melted for me but he sure did for my sisters.

I hear ya, but my wife just informed me the other night I have a really hard time saying NO to my own daughters.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good job Tsaw!!!!! :thumb: :D

Welcome to FF STgirl. I'm glad you found us and decided to join. :D