• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mercedes Vs Jaguar

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Mercedes Vrs Jaguar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQS8SFWNQw&feature=player_embedded"]Jaguar vs. Chicken | Jaguar USA - YouTube[/ame]

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Ha!
Still would not go out and buy a Jag.

My wife wants a 90s XJS HO; she is a bit nutty. Of course, i would have to be the one working on Lucas electrics bugs every weekend trying to get the smoke back in, or dealing with the inboard brakes.

I am sure the new Jags are much better.

But nowhere near MB quality and driveability.

fwiw -
I just read that the new S and E, along with an Infinity, now are drive without a driver's input, but that turns off after 10 seconds. I am sure somebody has figured out how to disable it. This is cool - finally making it into production cars. Mercedes has been playing with the technology on autobahn for at least 20 years now.

And on another note, a guy I know who has at least one of every AMG Black series there is just took delivery of a Weistec (sp) E63 BS that covers the quarter with a trap speed of 151 mph! That's nuts.

Ok, enough of my Benz update. carry on...............

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I am also a Benz guy and currently have an AMG Crossfire in the garage. But for many years have flirted with the idea of Jag ownership. XKE or XJS. The cars are beautiful works of art but need to come standard with a personal mechanic.

The more stogy MB's are far better in reliability and the ownership experience more rewarding. That said, the Jaguar response to MB's commercial is a hoot!