• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chrysler's Gun-Toting Pickup Truck

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now if only it had come from Ford. . .

gunrack_397x224.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great idea BUT I see it as a target of theft, sorta like a NRA sticker on the back glass ........... :ermm:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great idea BUT I see it as a target of theft, sorta like a NRA sticker on the back glass ........... :ermm:

Not sure that I see it that way.

Literally thousands of pick up trucks have tool boxes in the rear. Most of those are never broken into.

This rifle box is a tool box that is integrated into the side of the pick up. Its interior can be outfitted for guns, or for tools. From the outside there is no visible difference. If you are carrying guns, its likely that you don't store them there year around, its more likely you are putting them in there while you drive to the target range or to your hunting spot. The likelihood of leaving the guns in there while shopping at the local shopping mall for shoes for the kids is???

I guess my point is it is a secure place to transport your rifles without drawing undue attention to the guns and there is no outward way of knowing the contents of the box.

FWIW, I've had NRA stickers on my vehicles for 25+ years and never had one broken into.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
That was my first thought to Dawg , allthough I looked for more info I couldn,t find anything else .

I would think with todays technology it would be tied into the alarm system somehow Or even better wired to a battery back up providing a huge electrical shock when the lock is jimmied :w00t2:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure that I see it that way.

Literally thousands of pick up trucks have tool boxes in the rear. Most of those are never broken into.

This rifle box is a tool box that is integrated into the side of the pick up. Its interior can be outfitted for guns, or for tools. From the outside there is no visible difference. If you are carrying guns, its likely that you don't store them there year around, its more likely you are putting them in there while you drive to the target range or to your hunting spot. The likelihood of leaving the guns in there while shopping at the local shopping mall for shoes for the kids is???

I guess my point is it is a secure place to transport your rifles without drawing undue attention to the guns and there is no outward way of knowing the contents of the box.

FWIW, I've had NRA stickers on my vehicles for 25+ years and never had one broken into.

I agree MD , I cant help but mention after you sayed you had your NRA sticker on the back for 25 + years .

Not untill around 20 years ago or so I carryed 3 loaded long guns in the back window in my pickup in a cheap gun rack for years & never did have a break in . I had a winchester 30/30 lever action . 12 guage browning pump & a weatherby bolt action 300 h&h magnum , Not really considered high dollar guns at the time , but far from junk . :smile:

I cant even imagine doing it in the last 20 years , just shows how times have changed :sad: