Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Vehicles > Campers / Motorhomes Forum

Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Mr. Congeniality

Thanked 1,122 Times in 584 Posts
JEV has a spectacular aura aboutJEV has a spectacular aura aboutJEV has a spectacular aura about
Default Yellowstone victim is a friend of mine.

While in my fly fishing forum, I learned that the woman mauled by the grizzly in Yellowstone is a very good friend of mine, Deb Freely. I have camped in Michigan with her and her husband, and fished many, many hours with her. They are seasoned campers, and did everything right. There was no food near or in the tent. Here's a picture I took of her landing a nice bass on Wakley Lake in Grayling Michigan in 2009...

Here she is "throwing" a fly line using just her arm as a rod. She threw the line 50 feet...better than many people do with an 8' fly rod.

She's an all around outdoors woman, ties her own flies and builds beautiful fly rods as well. Interestingly, her screen name on the fly fishing forum is Mato Kuwapi, a Sioux name which means "chased by bears." She's thinking of changing that.

Here's the link with video of her being interviewed following the attack. She's slated for surgery on Friday for the crushed bones in her arm. Thankfully, the injury was not to her casting arm.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/odd-1574...video=21134569

Time to go fishin'

"I'm no gynecologist, but I'd be happy to take a look..."

Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

tsaw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yellowstone victim is a friend of mine.

Amazing post! I know for a fact - I couldn't play dead while I heard my bones being crushed. That is one amazing women. I'm so glad she had the fortitude to survive.

GILIGAN!! You messed up again@!!! :"Sorry skipper!"
Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Wait for it.

Cowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Yellowstone victim is a friend of mine.

Glad it worked out as well Jev , could have been much worse . I,d damn near bet money the lady aint scairt of spiders & snakes either .