• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's a quiet dishwasher?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Quality and reliability is important but noise level is key.

Open floor-plan with tile floors make it such that a very quiet model is important.

Thoughts/recommendations?

Kwiens

We have a Kitchen Aid. It's very quiet! We have an open floor plan with tile floor in the kitchen and a vaulted ceiling that amplifies sound from the kitchen.

Kevin

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When we built out house the appliance dealer gave us everything either Maytag or Whirlpool on all appliances except for the dishwasher. He recommended a brand called ASKO and we have been really happy with it. One of the reasons he recommended the ASKO was because our kitchen was open to the rest of the house and he said this is by far the quietest machine on the market. It is now 6 years old and has no problems.

murph

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
We have a Kenmore kitchen. Fridge (trio), range (Gas), microwave (exhaust fan unit) and dishwasher. I don't know the model of the dishwasher but it is extremely quiet. It is one of thier top line stainless-interior models, with no controls on the face of the door (the buttons are on the top edge of the door) only three LED lights above the handle.

I'd recomend this brand and these units to anyone with much enthusiasm.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We built new 9 years ago. We bought Matag appliances at that time. All have operated flawlessly. The Dishwasher is quieter than any previous ones we had .. but the kitchen is open to the family room and I notice when the dishwasher is on. I do have to bump up the tv volume a couple of clicks. I really can't imagine one being much quieter than this one and still getting the job done.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Bosch was selected and installed. They're very impressed with it and it's very quiet.