• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
ugh, yikes, and oops, with a day to go, still, NO kristi, KT2, KT3 and or KT4, has signed up for the 2 nights free room and a $100 gas card..

beginning to think, the Snow Track guys are Right!

Kristi snow cats are just garage art/trailer queens, please do not let this be the legacy of the Kristi

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
beginning to think, the Snow Track guys are Right!

Kristi snow cats are just garage art/trailer queens, please do not let this be the legacy of the Kristi

And this is from a owner.

It is not like trailer-ing them cross country will get them to K-rust any slower.
Fiberglass can take it.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
well, since i could not bait and catch the very elusive kristi KT2, 3 and or 4, lets see what else out there, that would be fun to see at Mccallin' all cats, hmm, oh, how about a Frandee snow shoe,

okay, a Frandee is next on the wish list, here's the offer, 2 nights at the Best Western, $100 gas card, and a ???, offer good till Jan.1st 2017

luvthemvws

The Princess's offer is quite generous and appreciated! As a KT owner I was sorely tempted to accept. I had hoped another KT owner (whose cat was almost certainly nicer than mine) would step up.
But that's OK. In another year my '3 will be very nice indeed (having already received some much-appreciated help from PP) and the world will see what a Kristi really CAN do.
You know, there is a Best Western in Dillon, CO. Perhaps the princess could fire up the turbo Suburban and bring a couple of Kristis to the Meet in Vail. That Tucker trailer should easily accommodate 2 Kristis. Where better to achieve a record Kristi count than a gathering in the midst of their home stomping ground?

KT3survivor

-bites tounge- can't do it. sorry guys. not enough money even with all the generous offers. I will be at the vail cat gathering if a date is ever settled on. thats the best I can do currently.
luvthemvws makes a valid point. most of the machines sold never left the state they were built in. if you want a picture of a galapagos turtle where do you go to get one?

Aaron Tucker

-bites tounge- can't do it. sorry guys. not enough money even with all the generous offers. I will be at the vail cat gathering if a date is ever settled on. thats the best I can do currently.
luvthemvws makes a valid point. most of the machines sold never left the state they were built in. if you want a picture of a galapagos turtle where do you go to get one?

17th -19th of March for the Vail cat jamboree .

luvthemvws

I hope someone with a qualifying Snowcat will take up the offer from pontoon princess. I am confident her goal is to increase participation in the McCall event (excellent objective!). When I DO get my Kristi shipshape I will be sure to attend (in another year).
The McCall Crew have obviously put in a great deal of work to make it a fun event with broad appeal.
I hope they share tips and suggestions with those doing the legwork for the Vail get together. Ultimately, I would love to see a series of 3-5 events through the winter with 30-50 cats per event (cats of all stripes)!
Wouldn't it be great to have the chance to participate in several big events each year!
I realise I should be just as involved in the organization of an event or two, but being at least 500 miles away from the closest events (and NO contacts in the area) my help is pretty limited.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
well, looks like my efforts to catch an interesting sno machine has paid off,

this machine is a one of one, built by the Aeronca Airplane Company in 1946, it's a prototype, coming from the estate of the designer/builder, when the Company decided that they were not going put it into production, he was directed to destroy it, instead, he put it in his brothers garage and it was there until 1970, when he moved to his airplane hanger and stayed there covered in the corner up till his death a few months back, the gentlemen was employed by Aeronca Airplane Company until it ceased operations in 1954. Should be most interesting to see this different form of over sno travel...

now back to setting the bait for a couple more machines...

Attachments

• s-l1600-7.jpg
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 308
  • s-l1600-15.jpg
    s-l1600-15.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 309
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 309
  • s-l1600-13.jpg
    s-l1600-13.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 305
  • s-l1600-22.jpg
    s-l1600-22.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well, looks like my efforts to catch an interesting sno machine has paid off,

this machine is a one of one, built by the Aeronca Airplane Company in 1946, it's a prototype, coming from the estate of the designer/builder, when the Company decided that they were not going put it into production, he was directed to destroy it, instead, he put it in his brothers garage and it was there until 1970, when he moved to his airplane hanger and stayed there covered in the corner up till his death a few months back, the gentlemen was employed by Aeronca Airplane Company until it ceased operations in 1954. Should be most interesting to see this different form of over sno travel...

now back to setting the bait for a couple more machines...

Doesn't that make you want to pull out the fabric & dope kit?? :brows: Why not one more iron in the fire!:wink:

vintagebike

Nose count needed soon!

I will be back home in Idaho next week to finish making the final arrangements for McCallin' All Cats 2017. We will start counting reservations and ask for a nose count of those planning to be in McCall for our 4 days of events. The hosts need to know the numbers so they can plan the resources and staff that they will need.

An eBay seller has been selling "Google sourced" photos of our 1949 Tucker "Sophie" at $4.99 for years. I hope he has made a lot of money!
IMG_1090.jpg

You can buy a copy now on eBay or when you come to McCall you can take a pic of one of Bill and Mary Guthrie's high quality restorations for free.:smile:
IMG_1091.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
okay okay okay, no Kristi, KT2, 3, and or 4, no Frandee either,

that is not going to stop me!

the offer now goes out to Snow Car owners, Model T or Model A,

to refresh, 2 nights at the Best Western and a $100.00 gas card, offer is good to Jan. 7, 2017

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 205

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
going double down on my offer...

Bombardier B-12, yup...

world famous offer, now goes out to the first B-12 to sign up, 2 two nights at the Best Western and a $100.00 gas card...good till, jan.7, 2017

Attachments

• 4345566044_1cc01ca5bb_z.jpg
    4345566044_1cc01ca5bb_z.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
what if I put I would rather be orange on my pb??
and i would buy you 2 gallons of Tucker Sno-cat Orange:smile::smile::smile:to paint your PB, at least, it is a step in the right direction:smile::smile::smile:

Mr VT - you are truly getting into the spirit of sno-catting, see ya in mccallin' idaho:smile::smile::smile:

backroad explorer

When you guy's get to McCall stop by the NAPA Auto Parts Store & I'll be Happy to Mix that Paint for ya :whistling:

February So Close Yet So Far!
This should be Good

Brian/N7BMH

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
When you guy's get to McCall stop by the NAPA Auto Parts Store & I'll be Happy to Mix that Paint for ya :whistling:

February So Close Yet So Far!
This should be Good

Brian/N7BMH

prefect, that PB will look great in Tucker Sno-cat orange, a step closer to admitting, "should have bought a Tucker"

Snowgeorge

You can count on Snowgeorge attending with a 1404 IMP. I'm logistically easy as I can see the Little Ski Hill from my lazy boy. Looking forward to seeing some different cats and getting ideas on some tinkering I need to do on mine. See u soon!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
To Steve, the event organizer and chief bottle washer,

I, myself, am VERY appreciative of all that have signed up and coming to McCallin' and with that said, I will stop the baiting for the snow cat, that is NOT coming and instead offer to all of you wonderful sno-catters, a drawing for 2 nights stay and $100 gas card, and a very special Adult beverage and not just 1, but 2 drawings, this will be done on Saturday night...

and too all, thank you,

this has event has come together very nicely, all because of Steve's countless hours of work

thank you Steve for putting this all together and hosting it...

He is a great sno-cat lover and again, thank you Steve...very much

Last edited:

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2017 Saturday UpGrade

I met with David Carey today, the developer and owner of Jug Mountain Ranch just 15 minutes from downtown McCall. We toured the area in his 1983 Hagglunds BV206. He has invited us to "Jug" on Saturday Feb 25 for the day. Miles of trails with open spaces, switchbacks and good step challenges for the brave. We are setting up the schedule and look for an early morning breakfast in the clubhouse. There are warming huts! David is a real motorhead and wants to make this very special. More soon. Take a look at www.Jugmountainranch.com. McCall Crew
Today in the snow with David Carey and his little snowcat
IMG_1100.jpg

JugMountain Ranch trail map
IMG_9045.jpg

vintagebike

More McCallin' Saturday Fun

After the day at JugHead Ranch we are planning a great Mexican feast on Saturday night! Jinn and Scott will be telling Tucker Tall Tales AND KT7 has made the contacts with John Antonellis from Massachusetts- the re-creator of the "Lost in Space" Chariot. Time and distance will prevent John from being in McCall in person BUT we have arranged a live Skype/Big Screen hookup direct from John's shop for a special tour of the Chariot with lots of time for Q&A. McCAll Crew
IMG_1101.JPG

Last edited:

backroad explorer

Hello Everyone;
My name is Brian Hamilton I am a Counterman at the local N.A.P.A Auto Parts Store in McCall.
The Owner of the Store has set up a Special Discounted Account for this Event if the need for things comes along.
I will post the acct. # to use in case you may need anything for your Vehicles or Trailers.

As a long time Imp fan and previous owner of the 1402 Imp Niksons ( I hope to meet ) started with I can't wait for Feb. 23. to get here.

Thank You to All of You who are coming to McCallin' All Cats!:wow:

Brian, McCall Crew