• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Look out East Coast (S. IN/OH & VA/NC)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what your forecasters are saying but it looks like you are now, or about to get hammered.

Really nasty looking storm cells going over Dargo's house right now. Heading towards Cincinnati and Columbus areas.

In Tenn, tornado touch down in SE corner of state. That storm now going into VA & NC.

Keep your SAFE radio on and your heads down.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They are breaking into Fox news and it looks bad. The weather channel last night said it was a very high probability for In.and Ohio. Now they have added Kentucky as well.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Louisville,Ky is getting hit right now by multiple twisters. Areas hit yesterday in other states are getting a second round as well. Today's storms are said to be more powerful than yesterday was .

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just talked to my boss in SE Tenn. Spent some time in her basement due to tornadoes.

She heard one touched down in the Chattanooga area.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Just Google Harrisburg, IL. That is a bit due west of me, but my 94 year old aunt lives there by herself in her home. The Walmart there along with several homes and a strip mall was completely wiped out by an "EF4" tornado according to the weather service. Sadly, 6 people died in that town, which is mostly populated by elderly people. One of those killed was only 22 years old though. Fortunately, my aunt's home was left untouched and without her hearing aids in, she never knew anything about the storm until she woke and turned on the news while drinking her morning cup of coffee.

They got hit in Harrisburg, IL again today as well as several parts north of me and south of me. Some may remember the pictures I posted of a mobile home park only 5 miles from my home that got hit about 5 years ago and suffered 26 fatalities. One tornado took that same path a couple of days ago. This time the tornado was only, fortunately, an EF1 as opposed to the EF5 that hit there five years ago.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope everyone in the possible effected areas stay safe and take head to the warnings if you get one. :flowers:

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Stay Safe everybody...It just went through here..40 miles north of Cinn. 10 miles sw of dayton..really hard rain..strange sky's..i don't think its over..Like I said stay safe....:mellow:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Look out WV. It looks like PA may be OK with just moderate stuff but strong cells still remain and they're heading for Charleston.

BTW - Doc - I thought you were going to create a weather forum section. Is that still in the plan?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We got hail for a short while followed by high winds and rain but seems to of past for now. We got up to 70 deg now the temp has dropped to 60 deg. Lexington so far has been pretty lucky in we seemed to of had no tornadoes but north and south of us has.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Look out WV. It looks like PA may be OK with just moderate stuff but strong cells still remain and they're heading for Charleston.

BTW - Doc - I thought you were going to create a weather forum section. Is that still in the plan?

i sure hope it passes by here. sure shall be keeping those affected in mind!:doh:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're OK luvs. Some rain and a tad of thunder from what I see on radar.

Charleston WV unfortunately looks like the current weather target.

Man... if this were snow... yee-haw!!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
We're OK luvs. Some rain and a tad of thunder from what I see on radar.

Charleston WV unfortunately looks like the current weather target.

Man... if this were snow... yee-haw!!!

good deal. (no basement). we got a storm fer 5 seconds. fretting for my WV friends. they're from wvu, tho.

snow! yes!:snow_smi::bitterColi'd be on a sled!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
This area has a high wind warning ,so we are apparently spared from the storm system that has gathered to our southwest . I can only hope that those in harms way will be okay .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting rain now but high winds in excess of 60mph are forecast. They just started fixing the highway signs that blew over in the past 2 weeks and here comes more.So far it does not look real bad for us up here. Looked like a big cell went over PG's area and up toward Cleveland earlier. Hell of a line of storms training up through from down south.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting 40 mph winds with 60 mph gusts here!

Early this morning some big boomers came through, with some pretty wicked lightning, wind and heavy rain.

It subsided, then another round came through around 3pm.

After that it headed south.
I was watching the Weather Channel and Fox at work when I could, and saw the tornado reports and damage today from several surrounding states, and the deaths of those, most in Southern Indiana. :(

Any of you all still being hit at this hour, please stay safe.
Today was not a day to play around with Mother Nature.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looked like a big cell went over PG's area and up toward Cleveland earlier. Hell of a line of storms training up through from down south.

Yeah, that would have been the one I believe that first hit this morning.
The one that made me jump out of bed, throw Gretchen in her kennel cab behind the couch, then get the hell out of Dodge.

Went downtown to The Grind and had breakfast (it IS a brick building in the center of town).. they had the Weather Channel on there too.
Seems I wasn't the only one going there to escape what was on the way.
After that, I started to come home, then it started up again.. so.. I went to the next safest place.. the library..

Actually, I logged in here briefly this morning using the computer there (around 10am).

None of you all were talking about the storms, so I came home and got ready for work once it looked like we were clear here for the time being.
Wild weather for sure today.
The only concern here right now are the winds, which aren't going to settle down until tomorrow sometime.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a small amount of thunder and lightning but nothing like last night. Rain is even letting up now. Wind is blowing like hell.

benspawpaw

getting rough here in nw ga but we are all ok.warnings all over the area till 5am so sleeping with the weather radio volume turned all the way up :sad:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is Greg Cook.
He is hugging his baby girl Coco.
He found Coco alive inside his destroyed home in Alabama.

I think the photo speaks for itself.

Greg Cook and his Doggie Coco.jpg

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a link to pictures taken around where I live and sent to my local newspaper's webpage Southern IN Storm Damage from March 3, 2012 Storms In looking at my family's history, I have had relatives living in Harrisburg, IL and that area since long before the Revolutionary War with Briton. Some records show ancestors there since late 1600's. Many of the structures there were extremely old. Some attribute the relatively low amount of deaths to many older homes there still having bomb shelters where residents took cover. Pretty amazing stuff. Many personal documents from Harrisburg, including checkbooks and other personal paperwork, ended up dropping all over Evansville and places up to 90 miles from their origin; yet intact. I've watched several news reports about people seeking out those people in Harrisburg to return pictures and other documents from them.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of damage. Saw there was baseball size hail on one news report. We had lots of lightning n thunder and high winds w/ rain. Spent the evening having dinner in the "House of Wine", picking at a cheese board, drinking wine then had some swiss onion soup w/ 1/2 rueben sandwich. Perfect way to avoid that storm. :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's still really windy here.
They are talking snow flurries this evening.
Crazy weather!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, were you weighting yourself down so the wind couldn't blow you away? Or getting lit so you didn't care?:clap::clap: We have had crazy winds all day and the temps have dropped 12 degrees since midnight last night. So far, high gust shows only 51 mph but several felt stronger than that.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More the later Mulely. :D :beer:
High winds here to. Wanted to have a camp fire tonight but that ain't happening.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You would probably like the wine tasting tours in the fall up here. They hire buses and limos to drive them around and get hammered all day.:yum: