• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Special Snow Trac.

nwerring

Some of us Scandinavians had a meet at the old Snow Trac factory in Sweden today. We visited the archive were we could browse through all the production orders etc. One version I had never heard of before was the ST3.
This was a special "summer" version with metal wheels that could take the punishment from summer use. Might be the one they called "Sand Trac", but I think this is an earlier version. I'll post more photos of the order dates, serial numbers, customers, delivery date, engine numbers, equipment etc later.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 387

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is new to me too.

I wonder if any were actually produced?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the interesting part is look at the suspension its like nothing else It has overlapping road wheels like german halftracks and the suspension limiters are shocks rockers and rods certainly a one of a kind

nwerring

That is new to me too.

I wonder if any were actually produced?

Looks like 20, ST3´s were made in 1958. The attached photo shows the production of Snow Tracs and auxiliary equipment for that year.

It says: 50, ST4 with sprocket drive in total.

30, ST4 with airfield tires.
20, ST3 with massive/compact wheels for summer driving.

The equipment listed is:
RPM limiters.
Full hard tops.
Canvas tops
Oil temp gauge (standard from now)
xx... the last one I can´t read..

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 333

Micke Valp

Hello NWERRING.

Maybe I can help You with that last line in the document ...

I'm pretty sure it says "Timräknare" (Hour counter/meter).

vintagebike

Is there anything showing information on the friction drive, "toothless" 1958 model? Were they then just known as the Snow Trac... not a ST2, ST3 or ST4?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw on the face book group someone posted the ST5

that is very cool looking, the man I got #17 from was going to build Number 17 into a ST-5 model

I was unable to lift the photo and place it here....

that might be a job for Niko's

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like 20, ST3´s were made in 1958. The attached photo shows the production of Snow Tracs and auxiliary equipment for that year.

It says: 50, ST4 with sprocket drive in total.

30, ST4 with airfield tires.
20, ST3 with massive/compact wheels for summer driving.

The equipment listed is:
RPM limiters.
Full hard tops.
Canvas tops
Oil temp gauge (standard from now)
xx... the last one I can´t read..

what is cool or interesting is the friction drive was early 58 and offered at the same time as Sprocket drive. That is some what Eye opening from a production point of view.

vintagebike

1958 changes?

Yep, now that looks familiar. Add a hardtop and move the lights up a bit and you have a 1958 model.
IMG_8243.jpg