• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The pet thread

rhino_chick233

Junkman said:
Download a program called IrfanView and use it for resizing pictures. It is very easy to work with and will downsize any picture to the point where you can use it for a avatar or just for viewing in a thread. You can get it for free here..........

http://www.irfanview.com/

Thanks for that website will check it out. I have been looking for something like that!! Everyones pets are really cute!! This is a great forum for chit chat!!
Kristy

simple_john

my fleabags

my 'old girl
11 1/2 years old
MVC-318Xdupp.JPG

my pup:
almost 1 1/2

MVC-304X.JPG

Kubota King

There is a donut shop in Portland that I try to stop in at everythime i'm in town pasting threw to snowmobile. It's called Marks. It is in the same building as a famous club......have you been there Rico??;)

I'll post pics of my horses in an hour after I feed them this morning.

simple_john

Kubota King said:
There is a donut shop in Portland that I try to stop in at everythime i'm in town pasting threw to snowmobile. It's called Marks.

its called platinum plus now... but the donuts are just as big... err, i mean good !!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey John, how are boxers with kids? Do they make good inside dogs? We switched from Malamutes to Akitas about 13 years ago but the boxers were on our short list of desired breeds. I'd like to hear about their personalities if you don't mind sharing.

simple_john

boxers are great with kids..... I have none, but my oldest dog is so gentle around little kids or babies.. its amazing... my pup is a little skiddish

overall boxers are awesome w/children...

as for indoor dogs: when i got my oldest, i lived in an apt in portland maine...
she spent her days in a 12*12 room... and i was in the city so no yard at all

they love to run but she adapted real well to city life... Id take her to a park 3-4 times a week..

but as for an indoor dog.. great...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
SJ said:
doc, how old is your pup now?
got any updated photos?

She's 6 monthhs old now. Here's a couple pics:

Attachments

• DSCF0075y.JPG
    DSCF0075y.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF0073y.JPG
    DSCF0073y.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 170

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
104-0429_IMG.jpg

Here is the latest addition to the family. His name is Jackson. He's an 11wk old Husky/Chow mix. The young women I got her from had a 3 y.o. son who who hit him all the time with his toys and such. He would bite him and punch him too. The poor girl was beside herself and realized she needed to do something. She's the daughter of a woman who works for my lumber supplier and was visiting one day while I was picking up material. They were standing outside and I went over to pet the puppy and the rest is history....I got sucked right in:toilet:.

The Mrs. was somewhat reluctant...:4_11_9:.....:2gunsfiri she didn't want another BIG dog. Ginger is 60#.

I tried to sooth her with the purchase of any early christmas present...She has always wanted one of those replica stoves that look like the old wood burners.....I found one barely used (and I mean barely) for about 20% of the original price which was the exact color she wanted. Do you suppose that got me a reprieve?.........NOT. I was then accused of schemeing and coniving for my own benefit...:eek:.....:rolleyes: I even made her a manicotti dinner from scratch with asparagus and a salad and chocolate cheesecake for desert....

All that and all I had to do was let him win her over with his charm......:love:
The first kiss on her chin and she melted like butter.....:pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd have brought him home too! What did you name him?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice pup Cowboy. Might try that on the Mrs. BD! I've passed on a couple nice labs because she is reluctant. Our loss of Jesse (lymphoma) our feild trial champ has weaken my wife. We have a one year old (Beaux) and she says it's too soon for another. Trying to catch her at a weak moment. Beaux's brother sired a litter of 11 and we were offered one free, but she didn't bite. She's spoiling this one terrible and I keep telling her he needs a playmate to take some of his time instead of taking hers. Still no go........between my son and I we're hoping for a break down...:)

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
I'd have brought him home too! What did you name him?

His name is Jackson. We worked our way through a whole host of names and really couldn't find anything that really worked. We sort of settled on Jackson as it is the last name of my wife's most favorite aunt and her grandmother's favorite singer is Alan Jackson. I know it's a bit of a stretch but the Mrs loves it...;)...and he comes to the name. Can't ask for more than that...:a1:

....and the call us men dumb.....dumb like a fox....:beer:

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Oh, I thought you named him after Jesse :4_11_9:

I thought about that but I didn't think I had anything to worry about. The dog is smarter and has a better personality. I don't think folks will have a problem distinguishing between the two...:US_flag:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Excellent CWjg; Hope he grows nice and big. I'm partial to the northern breeds myself, as in 110# Malamute. Over the years, I've babysat Huskies and Akitas. Can't help but like them all. :a1::coolshade

Damn women should have locked her brat in a cage, and beat and bit him every time her tortured that dog. Can't wait to see what the little shithead does to cats when he's a little older. If he lives that long.:2gunsfiri:flame2::14_6_12:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Oh, I thought you named him after Jesse :4_11_9:

NOOOOOOOOOO, I kept his breeder registered name....
Gentlewind's Jes Blowin in the Wind

My Jesse was much smarter than that Jesse!

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Alex and Zakery (black) are our two good buddies who share our house with us, and occasionally let us sit on the furniture. ;)

La-Z-Boys.JPG

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Wish I had taken pics of my birds. I had 2 cockatiels until Sunday morning...now I have 1. Ariel liked to sit on my shoulder and sing whenever I'd let her out of the cage - which was most of the time I was in the house, either at night or on the weekends. In the morning she'd watch me eat breakfast, then hop down and eat a piece of hashbrown potato, then wash it down with a drink of coffee out of my cup...she loved coffee.
Unfortunately, that was her downfall. I was outside and my wife went down in the basement. When I came back inside there were tail feathers sticking out of my coffee cup. The poor thing evidently hopped up on the edge of the cup, bent down to try and get a drink and slipped in.
:(

This little story is just to remind the rest of you to get pics while you can.

Rick

BadAttitude

Our new family member... :love::love::love:

Attachments

• Maggie13.jpg
    Maggie13.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Maggie14.jpg
    Maggie14.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 152
  • Maggie10.jpg
    Maggie10.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 156

BadAttitude

She's definately a little terror:D ...in a good way. I had forgotten what kind of trouble these little ones can get into. So far the only casualty was an accident on the foyer floor:smileywac ...glad it's ceramic tile, and a damaged power cord for my laptop. The cord wasn't plugged in at least, but it only took less than 10-15 secs to rendered it useless:( Dang these pups have sharp teeth!! I had to secure everything in sight and make the place puppy proof.

I did notice that after she sleeps for a spell, she is fully recharged with energy. Probably enough to bounce off the walls if I let her. Boy can she move!! I see I'm going to have my hands full for awhile, but I'm up for it.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Puppy proof????????
....... there is no such thing

I'm going to have my hands full for awhile, but I'm up for it.

I doubt it, but be prepared for at least 18 months before she starts to behave like a mature dog. It might be easier to train a wife than a puppy sometimes..... :D

Gorgeous pup and is going to grow up to be a absolute beautiful dog. Best of luck with the future chewing :whistle: .... Junk

BadAttitude

Yep...your right on both counts.
No, make that all 3 counts.My wife didn't bite when I...uh...taught her.(trained didn't sound appropiate:whistle: )

18 months??? what did I get myself into;) She's a handfull without a doubt!

Today is quite different than yesterday. Man O' Man...she's sure not lacking any energy right now:eek:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BA,

Very cuty puppy!!!
BadAttitude said:
and a damaged power cord for my laptop. The cord wasn't plugged in at least, but it only took less than 10-15 secs to rendered it useless
If you need a new cord, send me a pic or description of what you have and I'll see if I have one and will send to you.

Brian

BadAttitude

bczoom said:
BA,

Very cuty puppy!!!

If you need a new cord, send me a pic or description of what you have and I'll see if I have one and will send to you.

Brian
Thanx bc...cuty yes, but the chewing is something I forgot about:eek: . Oh well, not the end of the world. At least we seem to be ahead of the game for getting her outside in time. I actually think she knows enough to whine when she has to take care of business. She's only had one accident so far.

Thanx for the offer too. Very generous of you :thumb:
I'll see if I can get Dell to send me a new one since this unit is less than a yr old. Maybe they won't ask for the old one back?? If I strike out, I'll drop you a PM.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
How's the new puppy BA? My "little" puppy is now up to 30 pounds and teething big time. Is your little girl chewing on everything?