• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Recipe Substitutions: When do you tell your wife what you did?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was making some skillet lasagna for dinner tonight, as a surprise. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of milk/cream to be added. The only milk we have in the refrigerator is Almond flavored Rice milk.

So here is the question, do I tell her what I did BEFORE she takes the first bite? Or do I let it be a surprise?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I know if you told me ahead of time, you'd be eating by yourself :whistling:

My wife usually tells me after I eat.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
SURPRISE, she ate it. Didn't have enough almond flavor to overpower the Italian flavorings so it turned out OK. Not great, but OK.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
SURPRISE, she ate it. Didn't have enough almond flavor to overpower the Italian flavorings so it turned out OK. Not great, but OK.
Probably just being nice MD, didn't want to hurt your feelings. :whistling: The true test will be if you can get her to eat left overs tonight.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So here is the question, do I tell her what I did BEFORE she takes the first bite? Or do I let it be a surprise?
If it's something she bought and brought into the house, I believe you can wait until after.

If it's something I got which is new in the house, you should tell them beforehand especially if its something she's never eaten before.. Don't ask how I know... :whistling: :hide: