• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 601 Painting - Mr. Weatherby??? Look familiar?

AdkSnowcat

601ThiokolFrLg.JPG

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks good. :clap:Don't think he has hills that big where he is.

AdkSnowcat

Thank you! And you're right!!! I transplant a lot of the snowcat images to Little Cottonwood Canyon in Utah. Looks pretty natural there though I think.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since they were built out there, there has likely been a few in that area before.

AdkSnowcat

I sure saw a bunch of Thiokols while I was out there two winters ago!

Thanks again for the use of this 601 photo (and all the other photos members were kind enough to let me use)! I think this wraps up my series of snowcat paintings. I want to do a short video on the project (33 paintings, 3 years and four generations of painting styles). Maybe I can get that done tomorrow.

weatherby

Thanks AdkSnowcat......I myself have enjoyed all your paintings as I'm sure everyone else has. It looks like you saved the best for the last.:thumb:

AdkSnowcat

Thank you very much!!! I think you're right--the grand finale! Now I want one of the real 601 machines too! Someday...

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What are you asking for that painting? Pm or post your choice I do have one of yours already

northeastheavy

I remember when you started painting snowcats!! The paintings are getting better and better. Love seeing my old Snotrac and Br60+ in the video.
icon14.gif
Keep on painting.