• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Five New Snowcat Paintings!

AdkSnowcat

I couldn't get the photos quite right. The lighting was really difficult. Finally it started snowing outside and it was a little brighter.

Alta3700b.JPG

KristiUphill.JPG

YellowImp.JPG

MtnTucker2.JPG

BlueSnowTrac.JPG

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Much as i hate to admit it, I really like the Krusti painting. :hide:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
MtnTucker2.JPG

it seems to me you are using a softer technique than some of your first attempts, i for one like it , every artist develops a style of there own and i believe you have hit on something very special. keep up the good work!

AdkSnowcat

Thank you very much! I'm starting to feel a little more fluid painting the snowcats. The paintings look better in person (the colors are more accurate and consistent anyway, the tonal values truer, less bumpy looking colors. Hard to say how the camera changes the image so much. I guess it is the lighting that changes the look so much of what is really there.). I have such a hard time photographing them. The real things are about four times the size. They look nice when I frame them. (Someday anyway for framing the new ones.) I have twenty-eight now!

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
groomer guy you are pretty good with photoshopp maybe you could make it look like the blue snot trac is crushing the krusty.

AdkSnowcat

Thank you for asking! (It's a great compliment!)

Sure! I've always liked painting commissions (three out of sixty-five sales). I just have a really hard time even thinking about selling the snowcat paintings I do for myself.

I'll PM you for more info on what you would like painted. Thanks again!!!

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Those are very good . My wife has talent like that but I can't draw a damn thing "free hand" .

I like your shading detail .

AdkSnowcat

Thank you very much!!! I find that snowcats are a lot of fun to paint because they are real interesting designs. I think of it as engineering art--and the snowy landscape is fun too. It's also like having some sort of built-in story about the snowcat's history and the location too (now I notice how different types of pine trees grow in different geographic locations). Having the snowcats doing action gives the painting a little drama as well. It's a lot more interesting to do snowcat paintings then most other subjects. The whole scene is more engaging. They're just cool to paint!

And I'm always looking for great photos or videos to paint from! So if anybody has any you wouldn't mind seeing painted...please send them!!! I have a bunch I still want to paint--and more variety for me to choose from is better for me! Thanks!!!

Last edited: