• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker rear ends

Tye one on

I have a slightly bent tube on a tucker 343a. Tracked are toed out slightly, anyone ever repaired a problem like this? I am contemplating slicing the tube part way through, pulling it into place and welding it up. Any thoughts? Let me have have it!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have seen what you are discribing done on race cars, but for a different reason.
It worked fine for the car....

Are the tubes welded all the way around the flange of the center section? For many automotive applications, the tubes are pressed in and a plug weld in a hole in the flange is how they are retained after welding...

Pictures of what you are looking at would be a big help here...

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there are those who will warn about strength if the weld is done right with proper pipe technique you should be good where is the axle tube bent and would it be an easyer task to pull the axle and get a driveline shop to retube it for you

Mtn-Track

It's not a big deal. Both of mine were bent.

In my case I installed the track frames (in place of the pontoons) and put an I-beam across them near the diff. housing. I used a rosebud torch to heat up the tubes and a screw-scissor jack between the beam and diff housing. I worked the tubes on each side until the tubes were straight and the track frames were parallel. I kept checking the alignment in the tubes (through the diff housing) using a straight steel rod that ran all the way through both ends. Worked well.