• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Day

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I finally am about done on the remodel project that I was going to be finished with 2 1/2 months ago . Been spending 5 days a week living on the job site .

As of Friday , I have two days of work to be able to turn it over to the owner .

I am tired . My old break in my ankle has been acting up making it hard to walk . I am on pain killers every 8 hours , but I been limping along .

Friday afternoon I start loading my truck with tools that will no longer be needed on the shop . I swear every tool I own is there . As I limp across the lawn in the snow I step down on a piece of wood with a 3 1/2" rusty nail sticking up . It goes all the way in ! I hop on my bad ankle to reach the porch so I don't fall over . I am so pissed off I just pull the block of wood out as fast as I can .

The Grandma had decided to fill in the low spots in the lawn a few days before and it was my lucky day to find that one spot to put my foot down where she had added crappy soil :sad::doh:.

I have never understood how someone can leave crap laying around that can cause injuries . Just my luck I was the guy that found it under the snow ...:sad:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
As I limp across the lawn in the snow I step down on a piece of wood with a 3 1/2" rusty nail sticking up . It goes all the way in ! I hop on my bad ankle to reach the porch so I don't fall over . I am so pissed off I just pull the block of wood out as fast as I can .
I have done this! Yipes, it hurts like hell. And the worst part is gritting your teeth and pulling the nail out. It's one of those commitment things cuz you know that pulling it only 1/2 way out means you have to go through the whole thing again.

Wonderful friggen way to end the day...

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I finally am about done on the remodel project that I was going to be finished with 2 1/2 months ago . Been spending 5 days a week living on the job site .

As of Friday , I have two days of work to be able to turn it over to the owner .

I am tired . My old break in my ankle has been acting up making it hard to walk . I am on pain killers every 8 hours , but I been limping along .

Friday afternoon I start loading my truck with tools that will no longer be needed on the shop . I swear every tool I own is there . As I limp across the lawn in the snow I step down on a piece of wood with a 3 1/2" rusty nail sticking up . It goes all the way in ! I hop on my bad ankle to reach the porch so I don't fall over . I am so pissed off I just pull the block of wood out as fast as I can .

The Grandma had decided to fill in the low spots in the lawn a few days before and it was my lucky day to find that one spot to put my foot down where she had added crappy soil :sad::doh:.

I have never understood how someone can leave crap laying around that can cause injuries . Just my luck I was the guy that found it under the snow ...:sad:

Ya know,that crap never happens on Bob Villa's "This Old House"

But, it always seems to happen in My Old House.:doh:

Been there, done that. You have my sympathy.

Despite that sympathy, I still laughed out loud at your rendition of events.

Apologies.:yum::yum::yum:

franc